Ported 346xp

It would be interesting seeing timed cuts between them, and what the actual numbers are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would be interesting seeing timed cuts between them, and what the actual numbers are.
Guys have done it, on YT I’m sure. Trick is, a tiny difference in sharpening or raker height could throw it off. I had filed this chain last time and wasn’t happy with it so I went over it with a husky roller guide and she came to life.

The 23rs I have run a lot and it flat rips and doesn’t seem to care how I file it or if it’s even really sharp. The rakers are kinda low and the saw has power…less drag with the narrow kerf.

A buddy who grinds chain for racers says taller cutters are faster and .325” is taller.

If I were to do it, I'd use untouched brand new chains from the box. That's about as equal as you can get. I'd expect .325 to be faster, but numbers would tell me how much I should care. 2 seconds in a cut isn't worth adding a third chain style to my inventory.

If I were to do it, I'd use untouched brand new chains from the box. That's about as equal as you can get. I'd expect .325 to be faster, but numbers would tell me how much I should care. 2 seconds in a cut isn't worth adding a third chain style to my inventory.
Sometimes I consider going back to all full size 3/8” ;-) simpler

I setup my new to me 026 with a 16" bar and fullsize ⅜". Unfortunately, that's how I found out it needs some work(rings I think), and it's been parked since then. I've since gotten an echo 490 which is .325, but at that point, I was tired of looking for replacement parts to convert it, so it's running stock. A 20" bar, which is a little too big I think. ⅜"lp would go nicely with the 20" bar though.

I setup my new to me 026 with a 16" bar and fullsize ⅜". Unfortunately, that's how I found out it needs some work(rings I think), and it's been parked since then. I've since gotten an echo 490 which is .325, but at that point, I was tired of looking for replacement parts to convert it, so it's running stock. A 20" bar, which is a little too big I think. ⅜"lp would go nicely with the 20" bar though.
Send the 026 to @huskihl ;-)

And yes I think that would be a good setup.

I ran a 4910 (I think) that he ported and it was super light and powerful for its size. Smaller version of my 346.

Back