My 346 dissapointment.

No I have not, so I have no baseline to compare it to. But the saw runs and cuts fine. It's just not at all what I thought it would be.

Part of your problem may be that you are comparing it to the 262xp that you sold, or maybe not.......:? :roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Part of your problem may be that you are comparing it to the 262xp that you sold, or maybe not.......:? :roll:

Very well could be. Maybe I have higher expectations than what the saw is realisticly capable of.

Tested my 346xpg with 18"b/c for the first time, was supprised about the power it had for full buried cut, I'm gonna test this setup in some more demanding conditions then my test cut log !!

A 346 with muffler mod and porting should perform better than a straight 262.

The ones I had here were all set way to lean so they had very little grunt in them.

These horrible carb's that is used with those thin tip's makes setting them a pure hell!

I tossed a few of these and put on old o´nes that gives a bit fuel...

Can't live on love alone....

My stock 346 is on its 5th tank of gas. The ground men cant start it and always flood it. I make it to the ground, take off the carb air filter and pull it fast to get it to start. Runs fine the rest of the day. Its been flooding alot but no more body slamming it to the ground I promised AL.

Any groundie that constantly floods a saw should be given their walkin' papers. :what:

Gary

A 346 with muffler mod and porting should perform better than a straight 262.

The ones I had here were all set way to lean so they had very little grunt in them.

These horrible carb's that is used with those thin tip's makes setting them a pure hell!

I tossed a few of these and put on old o´nes that gives a bit fuel...

Can't live on love alone....

Interesting Magnus, I have been hearing it's lean a lot lately!!! May have to pull and clean the carb and play with it some more. I was just trying to set the RPM's in the realm of reality, and if I richen out the H jet it gets gutless really quick!!

Pulled and cleaned the carb. Had to adjust and adjust it to get it to run right. Then I ran two tanks through it at the woodlot. Runs better now, it will pull you into the cut now. A lot happier, I'll see how it wears in now.
Andy

Then it was set too lean earlier, right?

Do you know what tip look like on the needle's? Are they like a cone or very thin???

The new 346 is starting to show up in Sweden now, wating for some test reports from "real world" users :D

Yes you northern europeans must do your part to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases. It is your civic duty to offset the moose farts.

Shoot a moose-gut a muffler!

Well, it seems to get more interesting!!!

I couldn't get it where I wanted it, so I came up with an idea! I would ship the saw out to a few AS members, that I trust, and get their opinions on it! Good idea right?
It got to the first house, they couldn't have had it more than four hours, and I get a call. "You want to sell this thing?" "Well, not really sure, just trying to figure it out what I did wrong with it?"
"Man this thing runs GOOD!!! I want it!!"
It has a new home now, go figure?

Andy, WHY was I not first on the list?:X

:P

Well, it wasn't really for sale, and others offered first?
Oddly enough, the two people that told me it should do this or that, I offered to send it to them, pay shipping each way and for their time, refused the offer!!
Sorry Justin, I will keep you in mind next time, ok?:D

Dude, it sounds like you need a saw with torque. Just keep away from the screaming weenies and you'll be good to go.

Fred

The 346 isn't a saw you can lean on real hard. You need to keep it screaming because all the power is at the top of the powerband. I've let several people use mine and most need some coaching on how to run it. Once they let her rip, they usually come away with a big grin.
:D

Very true Brian, there are so many saws on the market that I think people should get a saw that compliments them. That's it.

All of my nonspecialty wrenches are Craftsman Pro instead of Snap-On like the specialty ones are, because I got the ones that fit me. I feel the same of any tool.

Fred

Well Fred, I really think for what I want, I need something in the 60cc class. I had just read so much about these saws, and I got a good buy on it, I would try it. At the same time I had an option to buy a 5100s for the same money, not sure that would have made me anymore happy?
The 361 sounds good, but I don't think I will be all that happy with it in stock form. And if you get the 372, may as well go for the 7900.
I need to find someone that has these localy, and run them is what it boils down to!!

Well Fred, I really think for what I want, I need something in the 60cc class. I had just read so much about these saws, and I got a good buy on it, I would try it. At the same time I had an option to buy a 5100s for the same money, not sure that would have made me anymore happy?
The 361 sounds good, but I don't think I will be all that happy with it in stock form. And if you get the 372, may as well go for the 7900.
I need to find someone that has these localy, and run them is what it boils down to!!

Any excuse you find to run saws is a good one. IMHO8)

Fred

Back