More backpacking, the titanium hip is golden :D

You can thank the AMA and the insurance companies for all that, Stephan.

The most primitive people on the planet today have far more compassion for their sick and dying than modern medicine ever dreamed of. Oh, I can go on a rant about this. But I wont.

It's great you are able to enjoy your retirement in such grand fashion, B. Thanks for the beautiful pics and story.

I was puzzled by the pile of rocks that was a moraine as well. We have them here around the Great Lakes, but they are dirt ridges, not dramatic. Drumlins are cool, like a miniature mountain range. Earth science was my favorite subject in school.

One of our local Dr.s flew to India with his wife twice for two different hip replacement surgeries for her. He told me the price (including a 5 star hotel for recovery prior to coming home) and I was shocked. I have had ER shat that cost almost as much for a lot less type of procedures.

That is where I plan on going for any major medical, pennies on the dollar and twenty times the care. India that is not the ER.

It's shocking...but the man is awesome, some day he'll trip and die with a saw embedded in his chest and a big smile on his face because he was killing invasives and reclaiming nesting sites and restoring habitat...he's a legend.
Sounds like a good death.:thumbup:

Heh Burnham, glad to see you out enjoying the hills.

We have some massive boulders behind our house dropped by glaciers. The kids love climbing on them.

Congrats, Jerry. That's a big feat. I was NEVER one to gain fat, but working for the gov't from age 38 to 40, had me fighting the 200 club, now, I'm right at 177, in a few months. Hopefully, here to stay. I feel much better.

I never had to watch my weight because I burned calories in the woods like a furnace. After retiring the furnace all but went out and the fuel kept pouring in. Before I knew it I was up to 237 tons, it felt like. Feeling sluggish and out of shape.

Having cut out most of the carbs in my diet and watching how big of portions I take, and doing a lot of hiking, Terri and I have reversed the weight gain phenomena. It works. Amazing.

I never had to watch my weight because I burned calories in the woods like a furnace. After retiring the furnace all but went out and the fuel kept pouring in. Before I knew it I was up to 237 tons, it felt like. Feeling sluggish and out of shape.

Having cut out most of the carbs in my diet and watching how big of portions I take, and doing a lot of hiking, Terri and I have reversed the weight gain phenomena. It works. Amazing.

Good for you and Terri Jer. Yes, watching portion size and daily walks and hikes will work wonders for anyone who wants to drop a few pounds and get in better shape.

Back