Morbark 2070 on Craigslist, advise and comments.

Walker thanks for all the great information on the Wisconsin engine company. I knew they basically were out of business years ago, about the time when I bought my 2060D.

That 2070 with the 65hp Winnie is a substantial machine for a lightweight drum chipper. Mines only a 35 hp Winnie and its got balls, that 65 should run over anything.
Only a compression check and a good look over will tell you what you have .
Ask the owner for records [invoice receipts, repair shop records] on maintenance.

In the 13 years I owned my chipper I always changed the engine oil and filter every 100 hrs on the auto feed clock. Cleaned the air filter weekly or more frequently if really working hard. Every 4 months I cleaned the cylinder and head fins. Hydraulic oil and filter changed every 3 years.

For parts these guys in Toronto still have a good supply when I last dealt with them. www.wisconsinmotorscanada.ca

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Holy crap ! I typed a lot ! really lots !! that coffee must of been really good ! your welcome.

Altissimus, you have good eyes and know what to look for, thanks for pointing out all the flaws, I can see some of them now and makes sense.

Holmen, If your 35 hp has balls then 65 hp would be overkill, one thing I have learned is overpowering a machine results in damage which makes me shy away. I think Altissimus is right, after Sandy the east coast was flooded with gensets, saws and chippers, many abused. Regardless I will call the owner and ask the questions you advised and history. I am the same with my equipment, I can not stand the disposable attitude so common towards everything now.

I will be brutally honest with the seller before even looking at it, Albany is 1 1/2 hr drive from me and will bring my camera along if I go.

Ok,

Spoke with the seller, it is one of those ''selling for a friend'' kind of deals. had a lot to say. The modifications are as stated :

Added tongue so it can be backed up and maneuvering easier but required a custom built/modified longer out feed chute to reach the truck bed.

Unsure on the hp, I asked he send more pictures of the chippers and # specs of the engine so I can show it to my Wisconsin guy in NY.

All hydro lines replaced.

Bearing replaces, as to which ones, not known (I asked about rotor bearings).

Was used during hurricane Sandy by the other owner.

Unsure about the rotor knives changed.

Can provide info on the new parts, receipts and maintenance.

Selling because previous owner bought a bigger whole tree Morbark and he has a Verneer.

Engine runs great, no problems. The friend I spoke with has a Verneer that gave trouble so he borrowed the Morbark 2070 until fixed, stated he did not care for the Verneer and spoke highly of the Morbark. When I asked if the price was negotiable he stated yes, he might be willing to which tell me he is the owner or has been given exclusive actions in regards to the selling.

...story doesn't makes sense , " backing up " really ? ... Looks like it was about a pintle to big truck for height , the length was to beat overhang .... Poor little seven filling up big truck after storm. For more bucks the first one I say. Mebbee if they were potential GFs , one has been around block but still looks great probably still tight. Other one's got tattoos and pierced like a tackle box . Obviously been around w / reputation for production. Both have good points and bad.

Altissimum, I agree, I also know better then to ignore the experience of others.

The first 2070 chipper with the Kohler engine, I checked late last night, it sold.

Back