Morbark 2070 on Craigslist, advise and comments.

I have one though custom order w infeed and axle from my the 9 and a Deisel. Great size for residential work in firewood country. Stock motor is a Honda , Kohler though thirsty are powerful

Pocket drum is one knife design that makes a landscape quality chip and does NOT pass stringy material associated with drum style. What are they asking for ??? $$$

Walker, if that's a 25hp Kohler I'd walk away from it. I have a Morbark 2060 cyclone disc with a 35 hp Wisconson and I'm glad I got that hp for a 6"x13" chipper.
I watched a video demostration on a 2060 just like mine but with a 25 Kohler and the thing sucked with a 4" x 9 ft log, it's auto feed was continualy stopping for long periods............... my auto feed wouldn't even come on , the log would just run through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the advice, I could not find much info. on this type of chipper, just the diesel powered 2070xp. The engine does look a bit small when compared with the size of the chipper itself, it takes quite a bit of power to chip up hard wood, even wet.

In regards to your 2060, is that the V-4 Winnie engine ? any thought on re-powering it with a diesel or is the limited space a issue ?

It seems a lot of these landscaper type chippers are underpowered, for a Morbark to underpower their chippers is sad considering the company is well known for the quality of build.

Is Morbark still the reputed chipper company or has their quality degraded ?

Morbark good. Seven had several motors available. Pretty sure the Deutz was tops. SKIP the outfits in Palmer Mass. or Westbrook Me. for info Winn Michigan has it.

Thanks for the heads up, I will skip over. Good to hear Morbark is still good, I checked out their website in Winn Michigan.

In regards to your 2060, is that the V-4 Winnie engine ? any thought on re-powering it with a diesel or is the limited space a issue ?

Is Morbark still the reputed chipper company or has their quality degraded ?
Yep it's the V-4 gas air cooled Winnie. Year 2000 model with electronic ignition. Been running it for about 13 years now and not a lick of trouble with it, very solid reliable engine.
For years now Morbark has outfitted this 2060D chipper with a 33 hp Caterpillar diesel and I've seen used ones like these going for under $8000. My 2060D Cyclone is a heavy duty version of a Bandit 65XP with an extra 1" wider infeed also
Morbark is still at the top of quality.

Beggars can't be choosers, especially. with limited, used equipment. Look for well maintained machines.

Mine is not my idea chipper, but a great one for my operation/ location. 9" FMC/ Wayne chuck and duck drum chipper. Cheap, light for its capacity 4400 pounds, 9x16" throat. Telescoping, swiveling chute.

Most hardwoods here are relatively straight. Nasty old neglected fruit tree prunings need the most prep.

A former employee wanted to rent my chipper because the rental 12" veneer couldn't work as fast, according to him. Probably had the autofeed turned down to slow, by Sunbelt Rentals.

You won't be married to a machine. You can upgrade over time.

Don't just register the info about what a great machine this is. Also if it is underpowered 7K is too much too pay, in my area anyway, and it will take a heck of a lot to get it powered workably.

$7 is asking price, not selling price.

You can get good tips from people about inspecting a chipper.

One I've heard... disengage the clutch, and shut down the engine while the bearings are spinning. Listen to them.

Yep it's the V-4 gas air cooled Winnie. Year 2000 model with electronic ignition. Been running it for about 13 years now and not a lick of trouble with it, very solid reliable engine.
For years now Morbark has outfitted this 2060D chipper with a 33 hp Caterpillar diesel and I've seen used ones like these going for under $8000. My 2060D Cyclone is a heavy duty version of a Bandit 65XP with an extra 1" wider infeed also
Morbark is still at the top of quality.

Good to hear from another that Morbark is top quality. Those Winnie V-4 are built to last, most old Winnie engines are. I have a S12D spinning a V-2 air compressor sitting on twin air tanks built in the 70's, the engine outlasted the pumps. I am very interested in the 2060D then.

Is yours the Twin knife type or more ?

$7 is asking price, not selling price.

You can get good tips from people about inspecting a chipper.

One I've heard... disengage the clutch, and shut down the engine while the bearings are spinning. Listen to them.

Thanks, yeah, upgrade over time, wish we could do that with the women,......anyways, that is good advise, i will remember that.

The old Asplundh chippers were chuck n duck, heard stories regarding that.

Good to hear from another that Morbark is top quality. Those Winnie V-4 are built to last, most old Winnie engines are. I am very interested in the 2060D then.

Is yours the Twin knife type or more ?
Twin double edged 7 1/4"x4"x3/8" knives. Plus a half dozen 13" long narrow knives on the infeed roller.

You probably won't find the Winnie V4 on any 2060D .they just made a short run of them.I bought mine right from the Winn factory.
Its either the 25hp Kohler or the 33-35hp Caterpillar diesel. Take the Cat engine.
If your chipping alot of hardwood trees for removalsl like I do, get this disc chipper. If you chip alot of conifer limbs like spruce ,fir etc and lots
of brush like willow go look for a drum chipper.

Shame, i really do like those Teledyne built Wisconsin engines, damn good gas engines. I do have several vertical shaft, built to Teledyne spec's Jap built Wisconsin Robin powered Snapper mowers, starts every spring, smooth runners and never gave any problems, very cost effective when compared against the new high hp gas eating OHV junk on the market now. You guys would LOVE my little 27 inch Ariens mower i repowered with a Yanmar diesel.

I do a lot of residential brushing, hedges, pruning and de-limbing, the man hours of having to lob up everything to size and truck the waste home to be ground up with my grinder has always eat into the profits and kept me from attaching more like jobs or hiring help (hard to find good help anyways). As much as the 2016D appeals to me, it sounds like the drum chipper would be better.

A inside story for you Holmen as to why the Winnie engine run was limited. Wisconsin's engine division, Teledyne, not the aeronautical division per say but the older original plant owned by Continental Motor Corps (Wisconsin's parent company) needed residential markets again but instead of tooling up for engine below the 30 hp a contract was made with a reputed small engine Mfg called Fuji Heavy Industries in Japan to build gas and diesel engines under the Wisconsin Robin brand. It was a instant hit and why not, it was backed by the most powerful engine Mfg in the country. Wisconsin begin to include and update the older cast iron multi-cylinder gas engines and single cylinder diesel casted right here in the US at the Wisconsin plant under the supervision of Teledyne, the Wisconsin Robin brand hence the Teledyne name and part numbers, the gas engine updates entailed high output mil spec electronic ignition, balanced and weighted flywheels, two versions of high quality rebuildable Jap carbs (the carb Mfg's eludes me right now) updated heads and higher compression pistons while still retaining the proven Wisconsin's older design L-head block and internals such as balanced and blueprinted cast iron cranks, updated heavy duty crank tapered roller bearings, aircraft quality rods and higher compression dimple pistons, Stellite (cobalt-chromium) self cleaning rotator type valves with heavy duty replaceable valve guilds, clips and double valve springs, updated aircraft alloy aluminum heads and a range of other goodies attached. Non of the other US built engine Mfg could touch Wisconsin's engines with a one mile long pole with help. It was the best US built gas engine. Then Continental Motor Corp's engine division Teledyne shot itself and us in the foot and did not renew the Wisconsin Robin contract for reason unknown and ended the joint venture. The Wisconsin's engine plant dried up and blew away with the wind with a lot of proud workers losing their jobs. Now just a faded memory while Fuji Heavy Industries joined with Subaru and continued to market the little gas engines to this day, not even close to the outstanding quality we once had.

As quick as it came in it blew out hence parts are very difficult to find for those engines. Never abuse it, keep it covered and pray nothing break and it will continue to run. Sad part is, eventually it will wear out and become collectable, matter of fact, they already are !

Out feed changed or modified , same with tongue / tow ...seems a cut and re-fit probable shortening. I have done some Hurricane work , my guess is the chipper and generator paid for themselves in three punishing weeks. I grease mine religiously and swap to new edge when even near dull.

Back