Masterblaster aka Butch Ballowe III

Im trying to think, but I trust he was more conservative than liberal?

I was actually thinking this the other day. How would Butch see today’s situation. Then someone else brought it up.

My memory often doesn’t serve me well and I was wondering... was COVID a major thing when he was still alive? I have a feeling he passed after it appeared on our radar but was he still with it at that point?

In other words was it palliative care at that point?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was actually thinking this the other day. How would But h see today’s situation. Then someone else brought it up.

My memory often doesn’t serve me well and I was wondering... was COVID a major thing when he was still alive? I have a feeling he passed after it appeared on our radar but was he still with it at that point?

In other words was it palliative care at that point?

He died March 9th and had been in palliative care. He didn’t get much into the issue.

For a year or so before he died.....Butch had a real disdain for anything to do with religion.

I am not a religious person.....or at least I dont know anything about it.

Still....it didn't set well with me.....even though I dont know shit about it.

He musta knew he was on the way out.....didn't have any time for stories.

I loved him very much. Breaks my heart that our relationship was strained because of this.

I didn't understand what was happening.

I noticed that he didn't have anything good to say about religion. I've seen a lot of folks, especially men, be against religion their entire lives then right at the last, change their mind. Sometimes on their death bed. I always wondered about that. Was it them, were they doing it for their families, did the preacher talk them in to it. Most people's hearts are harder about their faith, or lack there of, than they are politics. Which is why I won't discuss either. It never ends well and makes a lot of enemies. And you're not going to change someone's mind anyway. Still I think about why people believe what they believe and how they came to think that way.

I miss the snappy comebacks that Butch would have to almost every topic. He could get his point across and let you know where he stood. And wouldn't make others feel attacked or feel like they were idiots for seeing something different than he did. I wish there more with that capability. Including myself.

Butch never knew a stranger, everyone was greeted with kindness and offered a beer right away when they joined up. He was a rare breed to be able to keep all of us in line without any help.

I remember the thread discussing his cigarette case for whatever reason, everyone kept asking what it was.

Yes, I was gifted a million posts, one night he and I were in chat, I think we both had a little too much to drink, and thought it would be fun just to rattle the cages. It worked.

Missed, but not forgotten.

Butch never knew a stranger, everyone was greeted with kindness and offered a beer right away when they joined up. He was a rare breed to be able to keep all of us in line without any help.

I remember the thread discussing his cigarette case for whatever reason, everyone kept asking what it was.

Yes, I was gifted a million posts, one night he and I were in chat, I think we both had a little too much to drink, and thought it would be fun just to rattle the cages. It worked.

Missed, but not forgotten.

I got 100,000 once haha

It seems like things are just a bit more complicated from going on as is it was before... sad I guess ? I'm not sure where we are headed but hope for some partnerships rather than division.

Everyone should honor the anniversary of his passing by cooking and eating the most grotesquely large cheeseburgers we’ve ever had.
He would’ve liked that.
And even if he wouldn’t have liked it, we can just lie to ourselves and pretend otherwise.

Back