The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Long Undies..

ruel

TreeHouser
+1 for merino wool socks year round, they have all sorts of thicknesses for any time of year.

My favourite long johns are Columbia "omni heat" with little reflective scales on the inside. Not sure if it actually helps but pretty darn warm anyways

treebilly

Student of the Jedi
I’m wearing the darn tough socks that I got three years ago. Merino wool. I wear them all year long. Love them.
As for as long John’s go, I wear whatever I feel fit for the weather. Normally it’s just a pair of pajama pants under my ironwoods and a pile of long sleeve t shirts for the upper. Saw pants are kinda new to me so I’ll see if I need to adjust. I also almost never wear an actual coat. A couple of hoodies for the ability to lose one or two as the day goes on.
not that this may fit your jobs but I tend to watch the weather and plan my projects out so there is minimal aerial time on the coldest days and more ground pounding. My crew got our hours in on the coldest days last year by putting things down and chipping on the cold days.

Ryan

Treehouser
Long johns or not, nothing beats coveralls as a final layer to cover the cracks and hold in the heat. I'm also a fan of lined jeans as opposed to long underwear. Just as warm without clinging to your loins if you end up working hard. We also have mandatory wrist guards(socks with a thumbhole) which are great at keeping the wind out of your sleeves.

Jonny

Treehouser
I got some outdoor wrangler pants, fleece lined. Very comfy, stretchy, durable, warm with gusset crotch and reinforced knees, excellent winter climbing pants if you don’t need saw protection. Holding up well, about a year old. 25$ at Walmart or Target.
Add some longjohns or thermals if it’s gonna be under 20F.

lxskllr

Treehouser
Doesn't really get cold enough around here for coveralls anymore. I have some insulated bibs, but I haven't worn them in 20 years. I wear my chaps climbing. I feel a little silly doing it sometimes. Most of my cutting it waist+, and away from my legs, but a guy who's much better at this stuff than me posted a pic of his saw pants shredded by a saw bite, so I wear my chaps. Don't want to have to come here and tell you all what an idiot I am :^D Also keeps your legs warm, whether you want warm legs or not.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!