Let's see your ride!

$40k? That's cheap as shit. You didn't drop any numbers, did you? :^D I mean it's out of my price range for a "fun" car, but there's worse ways to spend $40k in the automobile world just getting a regular car everyone else has.

To better illustrate my technological confusion here is what came in the glove box 😂

That reminds me of when we went to pick up my wife's new (used) Land Rover. After a quick walk around of the outside of the car, the salesman had her sit in the drivers seat to go over the controls and features. I figured this would be 5 minutes worth and then we'd be outta there.

30 minutes later he was still going strong.

My wife loves the car but still doesn't know how a bunch of stuff works in it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sometimes artists don't know how to market their stuff. You can take a Miata and his $9000 GTO body kit that is extremely complete and have a car that's gorgeous cheap relatively safe fun. The Miata is an amazing little sports car.

That reminds me of when we went to pick up my wife's new (used) Land Rover. After a quick walk around of the outside of the car, the salesman had her sit in the drivers seat to go over the controls and features. I figured this would be 5 minutes worth and then we'd be outta there.

30 minutes later he was still going strong.

My wife loves the car but still doesn't know how a bunch of stuff works in it.

What’s the Landrover Cory?

Seems a strange choice for a 4x4 in the American market.

Land Rovers are present on the East Coast of the US. Many people like to parade with them on Main Street or at the grocery store.

My bad, I just went and checked, its an LR4.

She loves it, I mostly can't stand it. But happy wife, etc.

It cost used the same as a new ford explorer.

We/she put 190k miles on the last one, we sold it before it needed major work. With all the electronics in the tranny and everywhere else, figured it would be a fortune for most any repair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rover brilliant overall mechanical bits with truly shite electrics. For a pushrod v8 the timing chain and cams and tappets crap out far too quickly by American standards. We drive more than most other places and expect our engines to deliver more miles between major service intervals. I would love to try and build a proper high performance rover v8 for my sports car like TVRs. If anyone here has not seen a TVR then get to googling and drool!

Also a big fan of the Cerbera.

Almost bought one of these before I bought my Subaru back in 2000. Only reason I opted for the Scooby was due to maintenance costs and service intervals.

138E46C7-AA08-43AA-ADE4-DE1DF11FE425.jpeg

A couple of the guys Inised to work with had the 4.0 and another the 4.5 Chimera. The director of operations had the 4.0l v8 and his second in charge went out and bought the bigger engines version just to piss the boss off. ;)

3D771E91-7658-4238-BA26-64A0E361E2FD.jpeg

Finally dug it out of the snow. 2000 323i, 5 speed tranny, small inline 6, RWD A client was getting rid of it because of chassis/rear subframe issues. Spent the first 3 months of 2020 tearing the rear end apart, welding chassis reinforcement plates and re-assembling it. It is a lot of fun to drive and easy to maintain. 20210224_074807.jpg

Last edited:
Okay guys for any of you who love hand made anything. For any of you who like things that go vroom and more specifically sports cars that go vroom. For any of us of a certain age and above that thinks trucks should be tough, and cars should be as sexy as the girls we chased I give you www.simpsondesign.net
I went to his shop on Whidbey Island last Saturday. OMG he is knowledgeable and gracious, extremely skilled yet humble. He sold me some cantilever hinges for my car. He took me on a tour of design! I didn't even have to go to Italy.
do you happen to know a mr. Layman on Whidbey Island? ran or ued to run a window washing business. Is also a avid falconer.

Rover brilliant overall mechanical bits with truly shite electrics. For a pushrod v8 the timing chain and cams and tappets crap out far too quickly by American standards. We drive more than most other places and expect our engines to deliver more miles between major service intervals. I would love to try and build a proper high performance rover v8 for my sports car like TVRs. If anyone here has not seen a TVR then get to googling and drool!

I found this little review and I think it sums up the Trevor’s quite nicely.

I went to school with one of his sons that never wished to be a falconer. Our HS mascot was a falcon.hahaha
i know Seth, another son who was really into falcons. skydived out of airplanes to film peregrines dive bombing birds. spent a week on the san juans rabbit hunting with him and a goshawk. one of my better memories. beautiful place.

Did the goshawk get any while you were there?

Back