Let's see your ride!

What’s the plan with it Mick?

Fixer upper for nostalgic reason, or you gonna actually get it to run for more than a week (without bringing out the spanner’s) and put the old girl to work?

What’s the plan with it Mick?

Fixer upper for nostalgic reason, or you gonna actually get it to run for more than a week (without bringing out the spanner’s) and put the old girl to work?

It’s going to work for it’s living. I’ve had my eye on it for a year or so, every time I look at it and drive it I am more convinced. Not a drop of oil leaks.
The 110 pickup is the only configuration I’d entertain, and the TD5 engine is almost modern compared to the 300tdi.

I’ll sign write it, chip it and enjoy it. It will never lose me money anyway.

It’s all tax deductible so why worry?

I learned to drive in a 2 wheel drive Nissan that was about the same as that, instantly brings back memories. That thing would do doughnuts on demand, was a blast as a dumb high schooler

Yeah the one we had only had a little 4 banger gas, but it pulled my mowers just fine. Made a ton of money with that little thing, ran it until the frame rusted away. Got great mileage obviously

Last edited:
My VW Passat TDI, 40mpg on the highway and pretty plush ride. Biodiesel 7 months of the year, debating on doing the full grease car conversion. Back seats fold down flat, making it a great car camping rig

Put it to work hauling Sven's boat today

20210212_124328.jpg

I wish we could get those diesel Toyotas with a little tip body that you guys in Europe and Oz get. I could do so much work with the compact equipment yall have more access to.
Now granted, decimation of that live oak today was way more doable with the 1250 today. But, ya know. Access is everything.

Can you catch lobster by just dropping a line in? I used to do that for crab. I don't really enjoy fishing. I'm not that good at it, and the gear just distracts from a good day on the water. Crabbing is fun though. Tie a chicken neck on a piece of cord, and when you see it move, *carefully* raise the line til you see the crab, then net it and put it in the basket. High $ value too if you like crabs.

Back