Let's see your ride!

For years that was my added weight to the back, just shovel snow in there and then when it melts you're golden lol

Here's my truck while I was out and about yesterday.
20-1-320s-8-16-dsc00189-jpg.108127

Attachments

• 20-1-320s-8-16-DSC00189.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 72
Just as a counter to all those heavy duty pickups, I'll show you what I drove for decades.
I've had 4 of them over the years.
When I went gypo 20 years ago, I sold the last one, which I have regretted ever since.
But money was scarce and I needed something that could pull a trailer.

The dogs absolutely loved it in summer, when I took the tarp off.

Just as a counter to all those heavy duty pickups, I'll show you what I drove for decades.
I've had 4 of them over the years.
When I went gypo 20 years ago, I sold the last one, which I have regretted ever since.
But money was scarce and I needed something that could pull a trailer.

The dogs absolutely loved it in summer, when I took the tarp off.

Those Méharis fetch very tidy money these days.
They are the vehicle of choice for the fashionable coastal second home owner in France, used to ferry his leggy trophy wife and children to and from the beach and elsewhere.

The white ones with the deck chair striped seats seem to have the most caché.
The earlier the model the better. 45F3D481-4190-4968-ABC4-2AB76FEDF277.jpeg

I’m in the south, snow/ice is pretty rare for us.

I’m in MS.
View attachment 108142

@BIGTWIG

In my area, roads are more likely to be snow packed/ice covered than dry from December to March. Studded tires are the best thing I have driven on in light trucks. Soft compound tires don’t stay that way forever in my experience.

F3194F64-20EC-49F3-9EA6-5418C01FDBD0.jpeg

Driving heavy trucks in winter, we run chains once we are off the highway, or on any incline.

1F0D0738-CFFE-438B-8611-67F3142F2566.jpeg

Hella picture, BT! Mighty clean truck for those conditions

Hey would you refresh my memory- do you grapple all your brush or do you use chippers?

Those Méharis fetch very tidy money these days.
They are the vehicle of choice for the fashionable coastal second home owner in France, used to ferry his leggy trophy wife and children to and from the beach and elsewhere.

The white ones with the deck chair striped seats seem to have the most caché.
The earlier the model the better.View attachment 108143

Looks like a Mini Moke

I have a second set of wheels with studded tires for my STI (15 min to change out). They pretty much dominate in snow and ice. Loud and a little drifty when bare or wet pavement.

I have a second set of wheels with studded tires for my STI (15 min to change out). They pretty much dominate in snow and ice. Loud and a little drifty when bare or wet pavement.

STI? Subaru?

I have studs on the winter alloys for my Audi. Great fun to drive in the snow. Especially good fun in car parks if you accidentally turn of the traction control. ;)

38E3D271-6F45-4BF4-8E3E-5F17E5EDD31A.jpeg

No studs on the Hilux though. I thought it best at the time as I was going into Oslo a lot and the tolls were quite high. Sometimes I wish I had them but most driving winter tyres with the softer compound seem to work.

Back