Let's see your ride!

T Collins

Aloha Arborist
20190715_195309.jpg
Alright let's see what you drive or ride! I'm talkin' 'bout yo whip, ya hoopty, jalopy, boat, barge, cruiser, motor scooter, bagger, wheeler, 4x, crawler, bogger, chopper, crotch rocket, jetski, pony, steed, horse for you cowpokes and for the Amish here let's see yo buggy! You show me yours and I will show you mine. It's what has had me holed up in my garage.

BE1DFAC0-0707-498C-AAA6-6B646230CF38.jpeg
2008 Ranger. 2.3liter, 4 cyl, 5 spd, got 25 to 27 mpg on the highway empty; loaded as I was on this last trip to Michigan and heavy-foot on the gas I got more like 22mpg.
I built the 10 ft roof rack with a friend from Argentina. It connects to a subframe through the cap. I have had 900 pounds of LP Smartside siding on it.
( I planted that walnut tree at the corner of the house in 1962 when I was in first grade, and grew zinnias around it every summer)

I think this is the only full pic I have of it. There's a lot more rust now...

20180605_101227.jpg

I also have a 74 VW Thing in the garage I'll probably never get around to rebuilding, but that was a fun car.

20180825_113555.jpg imagejpeg_2vfddc-1.jpg 20180825_114010-1.jpg

There's the truck when it was still at the dealers, looks about the same now other than a few dings from earning her way. That's my macgregor 25 sailboat, with me using the boom to smack the mast to figure out where the giant yellow jacket nest is. It's been several years since she's seen water, but I'll be getting her going again this year. Should be fun for the wife and kids.

This was our ride on a Hawaii vacation...I still owe Kyle a "sailing thread" and will get to it...I found some good picts this AM. This is the boat and some brother/sister shenanigans with sunscreen.

Attachments

• Billys boat  (1).jpg
    Billys boat (1).jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Billys boat  (3).JPG
    Billys boat (3).JPG
    414.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Billys boat  (2).JPG
    Billys boat (2).JPG
    396.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Billys boat  (4).JPG
    Billys boat (4).JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Billys boat  (5).JPG
    Billys boat (5).JPG
    423 KB · Views: 11
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mick, because you're in France I thought of the possibility that it could have been a Santana. Is that a 110?

Screenshot_20210205-090959_Google.jpg this was my dad's ride. After he died everything was a regular Charlie Foxtrot. He had no will. He made a million and spent 2mil on bad women. The club wound up holding his bike from me for God knows what reason. I hate biker 1%er types BTW, (Parasitic scumbags mostly, wannabes, and snitches) just my opinion. I refused to go away and they finally relented.

Screenshot_20210117-183012_Messages.jpg Screenshot_20210130-193417_Google.jpg Screenshot_20210117-183001_Messages.jpg okay so I was gifted the molds to this car. It's a long story but this car was built in '63 to compete with cobras and stingrays! My old boss at the hotrod shop that couldn't get rid of me is helping. Plus this gentleman from simpsondesign.net has given me tons of guidance. Jim Simpson set up shop on whidbey Island about when I left some 25 years ago.

Burnham, I'm a sucker for jaguar and anything that John Tojeiro designed and built. His d type jaguars, c'mon man! He designed the ac ace too!

I love ford rangers you guys. Any pick up for that matter.

Keep bringing on them trusty rusties if you got em! Scars are cool.

No! I'm not fun to drink with. Unless of course you have acreage, an agreement with the local law enforcement, motorcycles you don't care about and a willingness to hold my beer and your camera 😉. That is the only way it is fun to drink with me. Otherwise bail just ain't worth it.

Back