Job Listing and Response

You lucked out. The norm is Craigslist is a bust for job ads, particularly in this current economic climate. I have heard that Boise is good for work. Run this individual thru a proper indoc, and go from there.

Good Sense of Humour.

Thinking about it it may be GSOH, its been a while since I looked through through any personal ads.

That reply gives me a good feeling. It almost looks like you typed out your own reply, the kids / drug habit thing is exactly the sort of thing you would say...

Ha I wouldn't get too uptight about spelling and typos .It seems that even the more studious of this site are proned to that on occasion .:|:

Nice that you can pick out the genders of apes from head shots Stig. Your right but I'll still keep her smiling mug.

I simply know the history behind that photo.
Otherwise those big buck teeth would have made me think "male".

here's mine

I professionally trim and remove trees and use several part time helpers as needed to complete the jobs. This is what I am looking for:

- Physically fit individual with strong back that hustles on the job site, this is fast paced work at times
- Able to work most of the day starting in the morning, 2-4 days a week not counting Sunday
- Have reliable transportation, cell phone, decent english
- Ability to work on roofs, have good balance and coordination
- Maturity and responsibility, I don't run a daycare or re-hab facility - you know who you are, dont waste my time!
- Living in or near SW Fort Worth is a big plus
- Familiarity with power equipment and chainsaw skills are a plus

I prefer somebody that needs part time work and doesn't rely on this for their only income. I pay more than average for this type of position for above average people. Firefighters and policemen have worked out well for example. I hire on character and not experience in tree work but both is great.

Write me an email telling me about yourself and why this part time job might work for you, the closer you live the better so let me know your approx location too. I get a lot of responses so please take your time and tell me something other than "I am a hard worker please call me"!

I always keep a hook in the water as I dont have any one full time employee these days. I have found some good guys on craiglslist and then again some real weirdos... I got tons of responses and always get some real funny ones, need to post some of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Prawned?

Greenhorn, I like it but it does come across sort of testy, like you're already annoyed with the folks looking for work.

He's not me but I'll verify that when he comes in tomorrow morning.

You cut throat businessman, I can't believe you would do this to your current employees!

Well the new guy showed up today. I noted from the start that he wasn't me. He's a nice guy, drives and newly fixed up and painted VW bus. He's somewhere between Maynard Krebs and Elvis Costello. He worked hard all day and thinks that I have the funnest job ever. As I was pruning a large silver maple over two mobile homes, I'm not sure I agree with his assessment. We'll keep working him part time and see how it goes. He's going to take some fire science courses this winter. He worked on a contract engine crew this summer and seems to have caught the fire bug. I can relate to that.

No, I have the funnest job ever!

Good to hear that it went well on day #1.

Day one.....

Recently up in the woods they hired a new guy, picked him up out of some employment service. Having worked in construction he didn't have much experience, which I found worrisome, so although it wasn't my job to do so, I spent a little time with him and made sure he only worked on pecker poles. On steep ground, later on in the day I had to caution him about being near the felling zone, and his reply was that he couldn't move his legs anymore. The next day the company got a call that he wasn't coming in as a result of having fallen down his stairs. He's ok, just a bit banged up. I think he is helping out again now, but I don't know how he is fairing as I'm back in my shop. Just hope he watches out.

Back