I've been hit!

Damn Nick that sucks. I can't believe you insure your handtools/saws, I've looked into it and found it to be not really worth it for me. None of my saws are insured. I lock up tite and the dogs seem to be a deterrent. One of my worst fears, someone piking my saws.

Up here they do if they decide it's warranted, I've seen it done.

I have a general policy on my stuff that is included with my business insurance, only up to $10k but I'll take that. I could go more but would need appraisals and a list. One thing I do every couple years ( and this is a good time) is take pictures of all my current gear just to have on hand in case

Sorry to here Nick, stealing a mans work tools is about as low as go can get. I run a chain through and a bike lock on to that for each saw.

images

images

Sucks, Nick!

Hope you get your stuff back, and get to keep the insurance money.

Makes me think about doing a bit more to secure my saws in the back of my pick-up canopy.

Thankfully, Olympia is a pretty safe place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys! Its been a crazy week, started off bad and ended with good. I got a call yesterday from a local news station and they came out and did a piece on me. They spent a while filming and interviewing me, I even gave them the security footage and they put it on the news, came out pretty good I think. I hope someone will notice the guy and will end up calling in, who knows.

My insurance policy is for $6k and up to $1000 each idem with a $500 deductible. I haven't decided if I am going to claim it on insurance yet, I would hate to see it happen again and get more of my stuff.

About the finger prints: I actually had many things that the cops could have taken prints off, even shoe size and make. The cop that came out sunday morning actually didn't give two hoots about my saws being gone. I have a large pile of fire wood at my shop and he was more interested in that than what was going on. He asked me if he could get some wood and I said to him, "well how about you go find my chainsaws, then I can cut some wood for you", he just looked away and didn't say anything. It also took him almost an hour to show up to my lot...

Heres the news story:
http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...selawn-Landscaper/J1oluGW74U-Wel-a6jtIXA.cspx

Good answer to that cop's enquiry, Nick. Hope the news will help catch the guy. I thought it was a good report, something that would bring out the public's compassion and desire to help if possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea the Cincinnati police are horrible, they don't really care at all. I had a detective call me wednesday and I told her that we found out that he went to a local restaurant before he came to take the last saw. We went to that restaurant ourselves on tuesday to get the video but they wouldn't turn it over to us. I told the detective that and she said they would sent someone out immediately but they never did, I still don't think they went there... its almost too late now.

Nick, the news piece was good, hope someone recognizes him and turns him in. I love that you put your name and not for re-sale on the new ones.

Do a follow up with the news about how little is being done to recover your stuff:D

It's time to take your gloves off and fight. I'd be faking the attorney general, your local politicians, the news, and the newspaper, if the cops don't get on the ball. They work for YOU. They are civil servants. I'd he on the phone breathing fire down their throats if they were nonchalant with me. They'll still be lazy pigs at heart, but they'll sure make an effort to get you to be quiet.

I am really hoping that the video will nail the guy, and if he is a local the chances would seem pretty great. Scumbags tend to stand out. I think that the culprit if he saw the tv report, he might be running scared and not wanting to go out in public. Hope he suffers before getting caught. He appeared pretty young in the vid.

Back