I've been hit!

littlenick

TreeHouser
Well it was my turn this past weekend, my dump truck got broken into and he made off with all of my chain saws, including one of my new 200t's:X:X. He took 2 200t's and my 441. Im going to post up the serial numbers incase you guys find any for sale. The little bastered slid under my new 8' fence with barbed wire, smashed my truck window, took my black hoddie, used my hammer to break open one of my truck boxes and made off with my saws. He took a ratchet strap of mine and used it to lower the saws over the fence. He then stashed the saws by the fence and came back an hour later and picked them up. I have them insured but it will be a few weeks till I see any insurance money so I had to spend over $2800 yesterday to get my truck window fixed and 2 new 201t's (which by the way are the biggest hunk of junk, already broke one with only 1/2 hour on it) and I ended up getting a 660 instead of a 441. Love the 660, if it was lighter I would climb with it, thats how much I hate the 201's.

Heres the serial numbers, thanks guys and gals!!

Nick

2008 Stihl 200t: 1 69 683 040
2008 Stihl 441: 1 68 165 061
2012 Stihl 200t: 1 73 022 921

Sorry, Nick. FYI, most thefts like this are done by former or current employees. Somebody who knows what you have, where you have it and what is required to access it. Best of luck getting this matter resolved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea I got it all on video and I know its not anyone related to me, the guy walked off the street and spent about 15 minuets looking around before he decided to break in, I'll have to see if I can upload the camera video.

Probabley er not .Every dog has their day though .

I do pity the poor fool though if Tom ever finds out who ripped him off twice a few years back .165 pounds of pure bad ass will eat them up .

Dang Nick, sorry to hear that:( glad it was insured and hope the video helps nab the guy

Sorry to read that. Been there and it stinks. You feel violated. I hope the video helps identify them. Did the police get any prints?

Supposedly Stihl keeps a record of the serial numbers reported on stolen equipment and broadcasts them to the dealers via the net .In the unlikely event one would show up for repairs or if a dealer would even bother to look up those numbers I can't say .

Sorry to hear about your stuff getting stolen pard. Hopefully that video will help catch the little cull.

Sorry to hear your misfortune, Nick. Luck on recouping the costs. Damn thieves anyway. and damn it if you caught them. they have more stinking rights than you. It would only be fair to take it out of their hide. But you can't without going to jail and then they could sue you to boot.

Screwed up legal system in this country anyway.

Damn Nick that sucks. I can't believe you insure your handtools/saws, I've looked into it and found it to be not really worth it for me. None of my saws are insured. I lock up tite and the dogs seem to be a deterrent. One of my worst fears, someone piking my saws.

Police don't do prints... only in the movies.

Up here they do if they decide it's warranted, I've seen it done.

Back