Diamond Head Monkeypod with Hitch Hiker

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Here's a short vid from yesterday pruning a monkeypod with the hitch hiker. Once I got the HH dialed in correctly (the right direction on the wraps) it runs very smooth. After using all day I definitely am loving this new tool. Thanks Paul!

jp:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kK6TFwBb8fw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nice job. that looks like a really fun tree to work in. i was thinking monkey puzzle:|:, not so much fun to climb! climbing trees in hawaii must be pretty nice at times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
THanks guys, monkeypods are excellent training trees. That tree was actually on the small-medium size for those trees they can get very big. We pruned 3 about the same size on this job.

Husa, that was lighting. I haven't seen any lightning protection in Hawaii although we lost a few trees last year due to lightning on the island.

Nick, that is a metolius bag I have two and love them both. Have had the smaller bag for several years and it is bomb proof. Just bought the larger one a few months ago...they are tough.

jp:D

I have never seen a monkeypod but what fun it looked like to climb.

I have 3 of the Metolius bags now. Which one was that? I just got the Mega Duffel and its really cool.

Brian, you do need to get a HH. Its only money bro.

Nice work man! Looked like a ton of fun! Always nice to see some fun climbing, pruning videos instead of just straight wreckings all the time!

Back