Instagram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A gent just crossed america by canoe. I just learned of it and checked it out on IG, I figured this pic of old tools might rope in some of y'all.

Yup, but that's a safety issue, this really isn't. It's a common sense/ respect issue. The welder has to lay down in that all day, so stepping on it is a huge no no (welders are gods on pipeline). Some are such assholes that the helper, who also has to get down there, isn't allowed to lay on it. Since I'm detailing this thread again with random welding stuff, here's probably the coolest video on YouTube. Good old boy putting a bead in. This is how it's done, someday I might be that smooth, not yet tho.

Was rereading this thread, lotta interesting comments and topics.

So I was wondering from the above post, do welders get shocked much doing the work?

Like electricians, tmk, it's not uncommon for them to get a little zinged from time to time because they're knee deep in wires and electricity full time.

Seeing all the juice used in welding, and standing in the snow welding, made me wonder if getting shocked is an issue with the trade.

Apparently this actually happened. We all know treework attracts both the best and the worst, but really?

Only way I'd bet on you is if you snorted a S-load of crack right before, and then maybe if you also had a knife and some Mace.

Then, maybe:lol:

Long as we on the subject of doing battle with roos, might as well post this refresher of a vid that I assume broke the internet when it came out

I did more challenging stuff of similar technique at 15 years of age...300 feet underground, lit only by a carbide head lamp.

I wasn't there, but um, no.;)

So, John spends way to much time on Instagram but he finds the funniest stuff. I don’t know how to get it here but if you google it, it comes up:

One is about two dogs asking each other’s name: Google WHAT‘S YOUR NAME

Another is a guy with an accent from India calling out THE NUMBER ONE BULLSHIT GUY

Back