How do you like the new forum? New tricks for posting?

Sorry if this was mentioned before: in the previous TH set up, you could go to members and scroll thru all the members (if you were so inclined :/: ) rather than currently you can only look up one member at a time, the whole list isn't there to be perused. Also, you can't look up when the last time a member logged on.

Is all that correct or am I not doing it right. Thanks

shows all registered members; not sure how to see last time logged in...

Sorry if this was mentioned before: in the previous TH set up, you could go to members and scroll thru all the members (if you were so inclined :/: ) rather than currently you can only look up one member at a time, the whole list isn't there to be perused. Also, you can't look up when the last time a member logged on.

Is all that correct or am I not doing it right. Thanks

Omg I'm embarrassed. But thanks.

Yeh remember how we used to be able to see when the last time a member was online? Was handy for when you notice someone hadn't been online in awhile

Hmmm I'm tried to use the quote function and can't seem to get a previous post to come up in my reply.

Also, when I wanted to attach a picture from one I had already used I couldn't find how to get to them...used to be 'manage attachments' and 'advanced' and you came to a window with all your old pics...

Hmmm I'm tried to use the quote function and can't seem to get a previous post to come up in my reply...

I click reply of what I'm trying to quote. If I want multiple quotes I do them individually and copy/paste them to build the post. Conversely you can click quote on the post (s), then click insert quotes at the bottom of the reply dialog box.

1585255762965.png

To reuse a picture that was uploaded here, I'd right click, copy image address then click this button, switch it from upload to link, and presto.

1585255884490.png
facebook-1-rs.jpg

I'm digging being able to react to everything now. Thanks @Brandon @Tree09 !

I like forums that list the file types and sizes of each that can be uploaded.

Also, is there a setting the admin can change to allow videos to be displayed in a viewer the same size as the original? I learned I can upload an MP4 video straight to the forum, but my 144p video was expanded into like a 600p viewer. I did have the option to set custom dimensions, but they don't seem to save for me, and likely wouldn't be the same for another user.

I only look through new posts when I log on, don't really have time to reply then but come back later or next day to sometimes reply to something.

A few months ago it was to Kyle, his post was gone. He even said later he couldn't find some of his. It happened again not long after with Scott, his post were gone the next day.

Last night, same thing. His post was gone from the night before, so was Mick's and one other [I think it was Tommy B] I know sometimes people delete posts but for three to go seems a bit weird. There was no arguing or anything at that stage. Just odd that's all.

I very rarely delete a post, even more rarely without telling the person why.

I have moved/“deleted” three political threads this month that ran their course and were pointlessly name calling, or were entirely trolling. Maybe that was it?

Back