HitchHiker XF now available.

Eric H-L

Treehouser
D817CC74-7216-40D6-9E38-7B6983D129AF.jpeg
Order direct from ClimbingInnovations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am totally satisfied with my HHX. Also my HH2. I don’t need it but I want it! OCGD hits hard!

Looks like some serious thought went into it, the shackle is very cool. I am probably all set on climbing devices though. Maybe. But no promises.

Still not sure I get the idea of having a pulley on the bridge. Reduces friction, but is friction a problem?

And an adjustable friction point.

Extra Friction Plug: (7075-T6 hard anodized aluminum.) A threaded plug that when inserted into the back of the HHxf body provides extra friction to the mechanical and proportional friction component for descent. (Not to be used during ascent.) It does so by creating a bend in the rope and putting more friction on the other 2 friction components. It provides adjustable proportional friction but is not controllable as is the friction hitch.

So, what do you all think; HitchHiker2 or XF?

A concern of mine with the new one is the moveable aluminum parts rubbing against each other. Doesn't seem as robust as steel.

I thought a big part of Paul's design was the bomb proof durability of the parts/materials he used i.e. tool steel and not aluminum particularly because of wear in the inclined slots. High pressure contact there.

Back