hinge pics

"Actual there is something very special about a beautiful perfectly executed stump...."

Yup. I haven't done one yet, but that's gonna be a great day when I look at my stump, and think "I couldn't have done that any better".

Your delusions of grandeur Daniel, they are not a positive to the forum or yourself. I am just an average tree man who has to work hard to achieve, however I know enough to see through your self agranding facade.
Such behaviour makes it difficult to like your online persona sometimes. Sorry

I've seen your work Stig

nothing you've done has impressed me I've done stuff that you have never done I put trees on the on the ground in a way you can't even imagine I'm not bound by your rules that it has to be perfect it has to look perfect the saw has to be perfectly sharp.
For me it just has to work.
I've been putting videos up for 10 years and they've all worked every single job back leaners front leaders experimental notches, Complex rigging, And cutting techniques that have never been shown or published in any other form.

What have you done

Well, for one thing I've been punctuating my sentenses!

"Actual there is something very special about a beautiful perfectly executed stump...."

Yup. I haven't done one yet, but that's gonna be a great day when I look at my stump, and think "I couldn't have done that any better".
I have noticed over the years that some folks just seem to have been born with a built in level and their cuts always seem to come out dead nuts level and parallel with each other. To them making clean cuts come easy. I know tons of great fallers that dont have this inner level and they simply use a little attention to detail to make beautiful cuts. Either way we all have it in us, even Daniel..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
View attachment 100054
Hard leaning ( to the left) dead ash from today. A conventional notch with a gap on the tension side and bore cut low in the back for stacking wedges. Worked great. Was able to keep everything out of the stream.
Ash is one of the most unreliable woods I've ever worked with especially dead

Sometimes they hold great other times 0 control.

I would appreciate if you have any more pics of that stumps or close UPS and profiles please post them.
thanks

Only pic of the day Daniel. I cut off some water sprouts so it still had that last little bit of life in it. The fibers were moist. They seem to have a distinct smell at that stage as well. Can’t describe it but I know it

The ash I cut last year sent a sprout up from the stump. Nice and straight. How big do they get before EAB decides it looks good enough to eat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same step differential as the 1st tree just came off the stump different none of it's a big deal
the hinges are Screenshot_20200407-191036_Chrome.jpg perfect what are you really complaining about here?

the perfect hinge wasn't made perfectly?

Please try and keep up here Daniel because were now talking about your obvious issues with getting your back cut right the 1st time...Might want to work on that buddy...

I've done stuff that you have never done I put trees on the on the ground in a way you can't even imagine I'm not bound by your rules that it has to be perfect it has to look perfect the saw has to be perfectly sharp.
For me it just has to work.
I've been putting videos up for 10 years and they've all worked every single job back leaners front leaders experimental notches, Complex rigging, And cutting techniques that have never been shown or published in any other form.

Daniel, read this and tell me these are the words of a sane person.

Your megalomanic rants are getting ever worse.

I've found a way to make them easier to live with, though.
I simply read them to myself in the voice of Clarence Nash.
Works perfectly.

Back