Highest paid tree guys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It does, I was soliciting opinions on the matter.

I have this info from a pretty reliable source, but its not like Ive seen a paystub from the guy, so it's open to conjecture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ask Brendon. I'm ugly.

In my market, most company owners would trade for a 60 / hour job with steady work, OT, and benefits ... cash would pile up nicely w / out the hassle of selling and running the show

Yeah 60/hr seems hard to imagine; that would basically mean one climber is taking home approx. 30% or more of the job depending on the wc and taxes of the area. I know they say you are doing good if you take home 10-20% of gross as an owner and that seems realistic after I've seen firsthand all the expenses of having your own company. I usually pay sub climbers anywhere from 200-300 depending on the job. WE look at the work the day of come up with a reasonable and fair amount and haven't had a problem yet.

jp:D

I pay my climber anywhere from $250 to $700 a day. But it is only one/ two days a week and the jobs that we do are usually a pain in the butt or really big jobs. I've paid him $1500 a day once and $1000 a day once too, but the jobs we did that day grossed $6k plus. He's also one of the best climbers in the state.

Since we're not talking specifics or names or such, and strictly in general generalities of an obscure and enigmated nature... I know of a climber in Alabama that works with a Houser from MS that makes $550 on a normal day. Highest single day Ive heard of was $800-900. Storm work is 50% higher.

The climber's family is a darn fine cook too, or so I hear!

Only real subbing I did was originally planned for $300 for the day on a big, big tree removal (3 climbers switching in, 2 in a tree on the lower part of this large conifer where every piece but the very top was rigged), bumped up to $400 as the day went on, and got longer, like 12+ hours, prepping for the crane which had to travel pre-rush hour in Seattle area due to its oversized nature.

I don't think he is, Adrian can vouch for him, he's a heck of a climber.

Ohhh forgot to mention, he also comes with a truck and dump trailer, and a slew of rigging gear including a mini grcs also another ground guy when needed

Are we all still talking a employee for these wages? Or has it started to go into the subcontractor pricing?

I'm not in the tree biz but I've heard of a couple hot shot climbers that get 50 plus an hour .From what was said about them worth every penny of what they get payed .Probabley that's about double of the usual pay in this area for a climber and most don't get that much .Gotta remember where it's at too. When I say right smack dab in the middle of a giant corn field I'm not too far off because it is exactly that .

I'm not in the tree biz but I've heard of a couple hot shot climbers that get 50 plus an hour .From what was said about them worth every penny of what they get payed .

Myself being a work alone contractor who once had employees, at that time I charged my customers based on $50 for each man, $50 hr for my equipment and $50 hr for myself. Now working alone with my equipment I still have to make at the lowest $150 hr.
Having said that when I think of what a journeymen plumber or electrician charges, I think a certified ISA contract climber for example should easily charge no less then $50 hr. Like the plumber or electrician he has equipment and expenses to pay for too, and also the supply and demand for a contract climber versus the abundance of plumbers and electricians in the workforce.

Well the plumber or electrician unless he owns the company will not be making 50 plus an hour.Fact speaking non union in this area might be damned lucky to make 15 -18 .Union will pay more of course but that work is more geared towards industrial and not residential types of work .It takes a whole different breed of cat so to speak .

Tree work you have the local crowd who could be no more than weekenders who do small jobs .Small companies like Tom who can do larger jobs and line clearing outfits like Asplundh .Probabley big A pays the most of which I have no idea but probabley in the low 20's per hour .

Back