Hello everyone

Howdy, Sam.

Self taught is not such a bad way to go about things, but perhaps not the most efficient use of time if you want to get into the details. It does show a certain want and gives staying power having had to extend so much of yourself to learn. The best climber that I have ever observed was completely self taught, no other opportunity to learn for him. I also have noted that he seems to be a rather smart person in general. I guess all climbers are self taught to some degree. It is said that not being directly shown, but instead having to steal techniques, so to speak, or learn from a book, is one of the best ways to learn. Maybe not the safest way though when it comes to a potentially dangerous profession. A profession ain't much of a profession if you don't stay in it. What's with all those trees that you spiked up in the woods? :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's with all those trees that you spiked up in the woods? :lol:

You got me, there is one beautiful, 90' spindly White Pine out there that I've been up and down probably fifty or sixty times. She was sacrificed for the greater good the way I look at it. I always thought that learning to climb on a rope with a hitch would be the most difficult part, but man, the first time I got 30' up on spikes, I was like a cat on ice. . .

:)

Back