Freebie giveaway drawing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You got it, Brett. Do you have a 75' Spenser body? If so I put your name in the hat twice :D.

Pull me out Burnham, please. I didn't expect the response you are getting, and there are others that NEED and will use this a lot more than I for sure!

Well...ok Andy, if that's what you want. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard to find a dbh tape that's not too costly around. I'll do some checking.

Of course, it occurs to me that all you have to do is measure around the tree at 4.5 feet above ground on the high side, then divide by 3.14. That's pretty cheap and easy :).

It's all good Burnham! I could use about an 8' length of pie tape now and again, which I can source, or I can calculate it. Either way I can figure it and would never make use of 75' of it!
I just liked the novelty of it.

We have said repair kits, Stig. But I'm not offering one of those up in this deal :D. In truth, I've found the repairs are usually so short lived as to make them near a waste of time over simply replaceing the refill. But if you break a new tape, I guess it's worth doing, until you lose patience with the microscopic bits and pieces :).

It is worth doing, if you do it right!

Richard and I felled and bucked a bunch of larch last summer. One of us used a tape that was 4 " too short.

The wood didn't get skidded out and measured until way later, by then we'd both changed to new tapes, so we never found out who had screwed up.

That little mishap cost us about $1100 in mill fines:cry:

I guess I missed this earlier. You can add my name please. I have a 66' "Flasher" tape, and I broke it the last time I used it. Will the 75' fit Burnham? I think the "Flasher" is a longer tape body, with a shorter tape in it.

Dave, I'm just about positive that the Flasher 1 chain body is built on the same frame and spool as the 75' standard Spenser, so these refills should fit perfectly. I have you in, and will draw two names on Monday.

Annnd the winnners are...

After much deliberation, I decided to not go with the Spenser body requirement = twice in the draw plan suggested by Dennis :). Fair's fair.

Two names drawn from four possible winners.

Mr. Sir and Inbredjed, drop me a pm with your mailing addresses and I'll get these refills headed out to you both.

Attachments

• tape refill 007.jpg
    tape refill 007.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 1
  • tape refill 004.jpg
    tape refill 004.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 1
  • tape refill 006.jpg
    tape refill 006.jpg
    885.8 KB · Views: 1
Well, I'll give Jed a few more days, then he just might be out of luck and I'll have to draw another :P.

Anyway, your's is on the way as of this morning, Brett.

That's mighty nice of you, Willie...especially since you'd be one of those who'd get another shot at it if he fails to respond :D.

Back