Incredible Giveaway!!!!!

Cruising the web, I see outfits in the continental US, advertising selling bucket trucks to Canada...BC. Possibly they would take care of all the import documentation, if you happened to find a good deal? Wonder if they will save the customer the hassle in that regard?

Justin,

So very sorry to hear of you & your friends recent troubles!!!

Chit happens...it sucks but it happens & there is nothing you can do about it after the fact!

As far as trucks go, one of the biggest tree services in my area (Windsor) buys just about all their trucks & large equipment from Texas! He's been doing this for many years now from what he tells me.

If you want, I could talk to him to see how he goes about doing this cross border thing. Let me know eh!

Just glad you yourself are Ok at the end of the day!!! Your personal health & safety are No.#1.

All the best to you in getting back what has been lost.

Bob

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've seen all those Jay, thanks for looking though. My biggest concern is this. I can't see shelling out upwards of 50-70g without laying my hands and eyes on it first. If I deal in Canada I may give a deposit but my plan is to physically go there and check the truck out for myself before handing over the big bucks. And I don't have a passport so there's no heading to the states for me.

I may contact some of those places though and get them to find out what kind of a extra charge I'd be looking at for them handling all the shipping and exporting/importing stuff. Then if one of the longtime members here that I know was near a truck I'd consider asking them to give me a report on it and would possibly purchase sight unseen, maybe.

Squisher, sorry to hear the bad news. I did the same as you, just before last Cristmas only hit a bridge and didn't roll. I remember doing a walk-around and seeing that the bucket was down but back of boom was still up. couldn't believe I kept my job and didn't get a ticket.

It might be worth dropping them an email to at least explain what you are looking for. Maybe a treehouse member can go check it out if in the vicinity, take additional pics, that kind of thing. If luck would have it, possibly you can hook up with a helpful honest sales person who will be good to deal with.

I can appreciate the hesitation not to buy sight unseen when paying that kind of dough. Sometimes it can work out, obviously.

I've seen all those Jay, thanks for looking though. My biggest concern is this. I can't see shelling out upwards of 50-70g without laying my hands and eyes on it first. If I deal in Canada I may give a deposit but my plan is to physically go there and check the truck out for myself before handing over the big bucks. And I don't have a passport so there's no heading to the states for me.

I may contact some of those places though and get them to find out what kind of a extra charge I'd be looking at for them handling all the shipping and exporting/importing stuff. Then if one of the longtime members here that I know was near a truck I'd consider asking them to give me a report on it and would possibly purchase sight unseen, maybe.

why no passport? easy to get.

why no passport? easy to get.

Because it costs $250 and only lasts 5 years. Mexico is the only place I've ever travelled to and I didn't need or get a passport to go there. I've been to the states many times in the past but that was before I needed a passport. So while you guys are hopefully keeping terrorists out you're also keeping me from spending some serious coin down there.

It's amazing how many people in North America don't have passports; only about 10 percent have one.

Everywhere else in the world, it's in the high 90's.

But I'm not. I don't ever travel really as an adult. Maybe two or three times as an adult to the states. As a kid we used to go down to the states atleast once a year.

I feel a bit afronted for having to have a passport now. I'm not hating and mean no offense, but honestly that's how I feel. Just like my falling cert, another change/program that I shoulda been grandfathered in on but wasn't and now I gotta spend coin if I want to be.

But of course Steve you know that that never happened, the slipping down and bombing. One of your politicians inferred that awhile ago and was 'forced' to apoligize because it's not true. It was big news up here.

I understand your guys's need to up your security, But I'm still saying their ought to have been something put in place for people such as myself. Or maybe something that could be applied for that was free. For my family to go to the states now would cost $750 in passports and we're a small family

Oh wow, I apologize I don't know where I got that number from.

But I see Paul is correct.

Well maybe I can go to the states.!

Ahh, again I apologize my wife said it would be around $250 if we got them for mexico last winter, for the entire family she must have meant.

87+87+37=211 and then the pictures. I had understand her to mean $250 a person and said no way!

:|:

Heck yah that kind of changes things a bit in my mind now. $250 did seem steep! Heck at $87 I could pay the extra for a rush passport, inquire with the broker I used for my stumpgrinder attachment for the mini and maybe buy a truck outta the states.

Back