Fix Or Repair Daily = FORD

By the way, my Ford needs BALL JOINTS. AHHHH.

Anyone have a ball joint press?

Brendon, if you do them yourself you can borrow ours. We replaced them on the 2000 f350. along with just about everything else.

Last edited:
Good looking website, DD. I wasn't aware you were in CT, sorry I missed you when I was up there last month. I got to stop by and see Brendon though. :)

They quoted me 80 for each upper and 120 for each lower, with 3 hours labor.

Which is usually 80/hour around here.

So probably just under 700 bones.
I figure I want to make this thing nice. City streets are hell on an empty truck.

Besides fords just falling apart anyway.

Only 120K on the motor.
Truck cruises on the freeway and gets terrible mileage.
I'd love to start looking at different chips for my motor.

Good looking website, DD. I wasn't aware you were in CT, sorry I missed you when I was up there last month. I got to stop by and see Brendon though. :)

thanks, I have been working on it over the winter here and there.
Next time your up our way we'll get together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so the tank lining thing is BS?...maybe just new fuel?

97' F-350 dually dump here, and I've seriously been debating switching to running only biodiesel for the added lubrication since they've taken all the sulfites out of diesel.

I've never heard of lining in the tank, and I've read alot on the p-stroke forum.

Edit. Spoke too soon John.

Did a search and there was this ONLY search result that popped up.

18945 1999-2006 F-super Duty - Lack Of Power Due To Low Fuel Pressure - Service Tip

Some 1999-2006 F-super Duty Vehicles May Exhibit A Lack Of Power Caused By Low Fuel Pressure. If Normal Diagnostics Lead To A Restricted Fuel Filter Or Fuel Lines, Be Aware That, In Some Limited Number Of Cases, Delamination Of The Fuel Tank Lining May Occur On The Steel Fuel Tanks Due To The Use Of Fuels Containing Ethanol, Methanol, Ketones Or Concentrations Of Bio-diesel Greater Than 5%. If Delamination Has Occurred, The Fuel Tank, And Possibly The Fuel Lines, Will Need To Be Replaced.
Effective Date: 11/18/2005

Its not a lining in the tank going bad, its actually the cheap steel flaking apart.

I relpaced the upper and lower ball joints in my 1995 F-250 that I had... They were a bitch. Have a BFH handy, and about an entire day to do them.

So 3 hours labor at a shop is prolly about right for them. It took me about 6 or 7... not including beer breaks... :)

Gary

Yeah, I know Brian... I started coachin' my kids soccer team, and work had been busy as hell lately...

I don't have a lot of time for internet as of late... But... I'm tryin' to check in here when I can. :)

Gary

Back