Firewood

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been a while...health issues suck. Blood clots, left leg, 2 surgeries, 3 stints, hospital, rehab, recovery, ain't fun.
Went at it today, 36" hickory sawlog that set to long.
Weapon of choice was the 046 & 36" bar, full skip chain.
Next will be quartering the blocks with with the 084.

Ed

Attachments

• 20231105_154450.jpg
    20231105_154450.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20231105_160359.jpg
    20231105_160359.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Sorry about your health problems. Hope it's all fixed for awhile. Getting back to wood should help a bit :^)

Just when I thought I had ripping off these liberal yuppie transplants down to a science.

"An entire burning season of unmatched fireside experiences"

Their stove must be much more efficient than mine :^D

Those racks are commonly sold around here, though not nearly as pretty or tightly packed, and the rack stays at the vendor's place. $20-$30. I think $20 is most common. Do they do that everywhere?

edit:
I like the redolent firewood box. Smoky softwood for a $90 premium over oak. That's premium level artisan trolling right there :^D

Last edited:
That's got a real ring to it. Maybe mesquite and piñon as a specialty? You have those where you're at?

That stump looks like pine too. I'm thinking $50 for an ordinary stump, and maybe $100 for something special. I could even see $300, but there better be a lot going on with it; a true one of a kind.

That's got a real ring to it. Maybe mesquite and piñon as a specialty? You have those where you're at?
Got Pinion, though it's harder to find now, and getting more scarse. Mesquite is an invasive species here, in a few years, there'll be plenty of it... now my gears are really turning.

I keep coming back to Blacksmith's page. They sell matches for $20. I can find no indication otherwise, so I have to assume it's for a single box of matches. They're extra long(whoopty fuckin' do), and they /appear/ to have a few more than the standard 32 count; maybe 50 matches? ~50¢/each? :^D I'm still not convinced this isn't a huge troll.

I paid $30 for 100 boxes of SwedishMatch 3 Star matches, and I thought that was frivolous and extravagent; buying cause I liked the box gfx, when I could get ten packs of Diamond from the dollar store for $1.25.

IMG_20231204_170329515.jpg

Their site says they have a showroom. A firewood showroom... I guess you go down with the wife, sip complimentary salted caramel cappuccinos with extra sprinkles, while the sales associate discusses the relative benefits of pecan over oak. You then examine the available wood, and pick the bundle with just the right splinter count. The mind boggles :^D That site's my favorite link I've seen this year :^D

Back