• Hey Guest,
    Just a heads up, The Tree House will be unavailable for about 10-15 minutes starting at 5pm CST tonight. This is just a super quick maintenance period.

Thanks!
    Brandon

Firewood

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
That cotton wood is a split with two mains that are maybe 60-65 feet and 36" in diameter .That's the possibility of a lot of lumber .Not to mention in addition a lot of firewood .Weather I do anything with it over the winter remains to be seen . I wish I had access to a bandsaw mill .I can't imagine ripping that much with a chainsaw .I'd be be lucky to rip a 12 foot log into lumber in a day with a large saw .I've got the large saws but lack the ambition .

Nutball

TreeHouser
Maybe Kevin cut4fun or whoever was fixing saws could help. I assume ripping at an angle, like a mix between a noodle and rip cut, would cut faster than straight across ripping.

BlackSmith

Uncivil
Thought of a previous post when I found this today.

Sven

Treehouser
Thanks for posting that, everyone’s got a multi-meter. Curious why they added ash to the “super dense woods” that need a diff reading?

Burnham

Woods walker

treesmith

Banned
We started our first fire a few weeks ago when it came a cold snap. All I had on the porch was a little left from last year. I couldn’t get it to last the night. I was eager to get out and cut some green wood!

Bart

Treehouser
The USFS pdf link came up dead but you can get the paper from the Wayback machine:
http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fplgtr/fplgtr06.pdf url into Wayback machine, I used circa 2012

edit - turns out a frustration of mine, that you can't save a copy of above pdf, is due to terms of use of wayback. But you can save it one page at a time or go command line kung fu on it in linux

Last edited: