Exercise

I love when I hear about these physical labor blue collar monsters that hate excercise... and then their back hurts.
And on the other side of the coin you have people spending their lives in the gym to be really fit…for what? 🤣 they don’t know which end of a chainsaw to hold, and can’t even change a flat tire. Big lifted truck and get stuck offroad because they have more muscles than brains.

And on the other side of the coin you have people spending their lives in the gym to be really fit…for what? 🤣
I get that.
When I was a younger man I played a decent standard of football (soccer) I kept fit, running and cycling, to be better at it.

I have tried a couple of times to get back into cycling, but without the goal of being fitter for football I just couldn’t find the old magic.

Me in 94 ish. image.jpg

And on the other side of the coin you have people spending their lives in the gym to be really fit…for what? 🤣 they don’t know which end of a chainsaw to hold, and can’t even change a flat tire. Big lifted truck and get stuck offroad because they have more muscles than brains.
From what I’ve seen of the gym rats is they are mostly younger and have show muscle. Sure they can lift a massive amount of weight but have no functional strength. Also for most muscle size is inversely proportional to brains. We had a guy like that at work for a short time. He could lift a lot, if it was perfectly balanced and shaped correctly. We all know everything in tree work fits that description. He lasted two weeks.

@treebilly exactly! I had some HS football players come help me scrounge dead trees (whole logs into pickups) for a HS bonfire when I was in my 20s building buildings…I was probably 175 and they were well over 200…couldn’t do nearly what I could as quickly and easily.

Another friend used to be a manual hay loader…their favorite thing was to get highschoolers to try out for the summer…most of them didn’t last very long.

IMG_5952.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Comes up for me as a grizzly stretching. Inspirational type stuff

Back