Excavators

I wonder about an even smaller one, compared to my 2700# mini loader. With a power-rotating grapple, I could stack piles for the chipper with the machine.

I have some drainage work to do, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Making moves! Ive worked with one tree v company that uses excavators with power Rotating grapples. Incredible how productive they are. im looking forward to seeing pictures of the dam logging , cool product

Ruel...this is the video that got me to thinking about us doing our own logging of the pines on our dams. This is a 9,000 lb machine in the video...ours will be 15,000. Oughta be interesting.

My buddy has or at least had 3 sizes of excavators, a mini, midi, and a big big full size one. The 2 smaller ones he has grapple saws on them, the efficiency is unreal because you don't have a guy even cutting stuff up by hand, just go go go.

I bought it today...got the keys in my pocket. It is supposed to be delivered to Alex's house tomorrow. There are some issues with supply chains (imagine that, right?) so the hydraulic thumb won't be on it. It will have the 24" bucket. It will take about 2 weeks for it to show up. And the TAG quick connect for my mulcher head needs to be a QC 30...it came with a QC27 from the manuf...I had it set up for a Takeuchi 260 and the QC27 was correct for that. TAG is building the QC30 for this more robust machine. At first, this AM, that was a 6-8 week process...just heard from the salesman and it's going to be more like 2 weeks. So..no running the mulcher head for a few weeks...we'll spend that time learning how to do basics with this thing.

Attachments

• TB370 new day of purchase  (2) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (2) resized.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 9
  • TB370 new day of purchase  (3) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (3) resized.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 9
  • TB370 new day of purchase  (4) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (4) resized.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 9
  • TB370 new day of purchase  (5) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (5) resized.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 9
  • TB370 new day of purchase  (6) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (6) resized.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 9
  • TB370 new day of purchase  (7) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (7) resized.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 9
  • TB370 new day of purchase  (8) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (8) resized.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 7
  • TB370 new day of purchase  (10) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (10) resized.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 7
  • TB370 new day of purchase  (11) resized.jpg
    TB370 new day of purchase (11) resized.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 7
You'll have a lot of fun with that. Opens up whole new levels of projects you can tackle.

Enjoy your new easy button lol

Now i can tell you all the redneck things you can build for it too lol

Last edited:
Supply chain issue right now. Thumb is on backorder for about 2 weeks. So we'll practice just digging and moving dirt for a bit as we get used to it. Now that I've got a bigger machine I've got to get a different quick connect for the mulcher head and they're working on that now.

Which controls do you prefer/ are using?

I'm pretty sure it is set to CAT controls right now. The fellow that delivered it couldn't confirm which way it was but I think it's CAT and not John Deere. I do know there's a mechanical switch in the floor to swap between the two. I figured it would be a software switch but it's a mechanical. I'll do some research and figure it out in the next day or so. Going to be tough to find time in the next couple of days to mess with it but I'll try.

I wonder if they're as lame as chainsaw manuals? Warning, warning, caution, don't do this stupid thing, don't do that stupid thing either. Warning... "C'mon, I just want to know where the oil adjuster is..."

The very first page I randomly turned to told me the proper way to hoist the mini....47 degree spread if from blade to boom and 30 degrees if side to side. You can be sure I will work hard to remember those numbers. And the manual is only 407 pages!! The parts manual is 1283 pages.

Back