The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Dealing with stolen Stihl saw.

lxskllr

Treehouser
That sucks. I lost one last year along with a brushcutter. It never turned up.

Welcome to the house!

Nutball

TreeHouser
Keep an eye on craigslist, facebook market place, ebay, ect.

I hope it was stolen out of a locked truck or building, so insurance might cover it.

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Hi there, sorry your first post is about stolen saws, that sucks...
Hope you find it

SeanKroll

Treehouser
Dealers keep an eye on serial numbers when servicing. They have a way of flagging stolen products.

Magnus

TreeHouser
Good to look at sales ads.. List it in as many stolen sections as you can. Go to local dealers and ask them to pay attention.
If its a Husqvarna it can be registered as stolen so when it comes for upgrade it shows. Probably same with newer Stihls too.
Often its local thieves that try to make a fast £€$.. Sometimes its opportunists that just grab it as they can.
Report to police and insurance company.

kevin bingham

TreeHouser
forget about it and move on.. dont let it eat at you. or maybe you can get @RegC to hire some thugs to go after them.

frans

TreeHouser
I understand that it is a big business to snatch and grab tools to bring to Mexico.

Altissimus

TreeHouser
Sucks , so do thieves ... Around here , saws and splitters that vanish generally never get found unfortunately ... too portable. I used to use a piece of Cedar behind the cab over the the bed that held five saws upright with the bars dropped through cut slots , looked real cool and was utilitarian. Had to add a lock and chain that ran through the Cedar and ALL the saw handles for parking at stores and such. Nowadays with the general junkie crime populus here I would never display my saws again , out of sight
now and safe , though it got me attention and some jobs those days are over.

Last edited:

Tree09

Treehouser
I'll often run a steel choker through the handles and lock it to something, like a tie down on the truck. Like anything tho, if they want it they can get it, you just slow it down to the point where they don't want to spend the effort.

Raj

TreeHouser
I usually lock up my saws, locked cabinet and chained, but this past Boxing day I left an 088 in my basement unchained, thank God the crooks who broke into my house didn't take it. I would have been devastated.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!