Comp training

Wow, have never seen anyone go down a rope upside down before, that is cool. Footlocking beats the use of any mechanical devices, if it's within your height capability range. Is that a fair thing to say?

Wood, it just depends on the person. I footlock anywhere from 20' to 80' in a givin a givin day. Although, 80' is in my height range and I know that it's faster for me to get up there, Sometimes I'll just slap on some asecnders or even do a foot lock assist. I guess it just depends on how tired I am or how lazy I'm feeing at that point and time. :D

I agree with Ax-man, work on all events, BUT work climb and AR then throwline, because if your time is not in the top say 5 there are no points. AR is the harder of the two, work/ar - as AR has more to do with the judges then the work climb.

I suck at footlock and even with ascender (thanks froggy) It took me 2.5 minutes to go 25 foot - BUT I did it .

feel good moving about the tree.

You do learn a lot from them, as you see what others are doing and it brings in a BIG group - with all different levels of knowledge.

I love the comps! It's such a great chance to push yourself and learn tons.

I agree also with Burnam. Other than climbing, cardio workouts are what's really going to help once you get the techniques down. I was pulling my fastest footlocks when I was doing about 5000 m on the rowing machine. It helped my work a lot too. ...lite cardio/ endurance. There was a while there when I could footlock 75' without stopping, no problem, but I've let SRT get the best of me lately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry guys, this work is kicking my ass somewhat! It's up at 6, work at 7 till 4 or later, and bed at 10. I have to fight to keep from falling asleep at any time after 10:30.

As far as my training right now, a lot of it consists of work. Since I started doing it full time for the summer I've lost weight, and gotten a lot stronger, along with my endurance level. When school starts back up in August I plan on doing some sort of plan to try and keep up with what I've started with work and everything.

Back