Chinese 365 Copy...

• Thread starter MCW
  • Start date
  • Replies 120
  • Views 22K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Prices talk! If it were not cheep, would you still get it?

No I wouldn't Magnus. I have a stable of proper pro saws and certainly wouldn't be taking this to a tree job. I have kept the 365 I pulled down but the other one was sold at cost to a mate of mine with a similar business interstate. These will be good loaners and I suppose are a good saw for that guy who needs a tough saw with a bit of power but doesn't have the money to buy a real 365. These saws will certainly not be getting bought by anybody in the market for a genuine 365.

I'm not sure what you mean if the saws look practically the same, perform practically the same, and one costs a fraction of the other. Why wouldn't someone who was in the market for a 365 buy the knock-off?

If people want a genuine Husky, then they'll get one. This same thread was played out on another forum with numerous replies and only one guy out of literally dozens said he'd buy them. There will always be that perception that they are just Chinese crap even if they aren't. The 365's are generally bought by professionals in my area who wouldn't even look twice at a saw like this.

I have too be honest.... I would never buy one of these saws and I have got to be the cheapest person on this site. I had a hard time buying a Jonsered saw instead of Stihl. Since I dont really know a whole bunch about saw repairs I would have to probably throw the saw away the first time anything goes wrong on it. I can fix minor problems, but what would happen if it was something more than I could handle? I sure as heck wouldn't bring it in to our saw guy. He would laugh me out of town.

Now if they made a saw equal to Stihls MS170 and sold it for $50 or so, well then sign me up.

Being I have been building my 362xp, 365 SP and 372 from ground up lately. Losing count on the shelfith like 5-6 builds at one time right now even, like I did my 5000's. New cranks installed etc.

I would buy one of these just to compare and see for myself if the $$$ was right.

No 372xp-XT for me :big-tongue2:

Lots of generalizations about foreign goods being thrown around in this thread. China is putting out better and better products all the time, and not all the work force is being exploited. Generally the better goods are the ones where other countries companies owning the plants, have their own management on site for quality control. There may always be that crap coming out of China, but more people there are getting clued in. You should see the Chinese tourists in Japan buying electronic goods, designer handbags, and cosmetics, because they can trust the quality....I'm seeing commercials in Chinese! There are entrepreneurs in China who want that market as well. Maybe the rest of the world should be happy that China still puts out junk, quality imports at a lesser cost can severely hurt local manufacturers.

Lots of generalizations about foreign goods being thrown around in this thread. China is putting out better and better products all the time... Maybe the rest of the world should be happy that China still puts out junk, quality imports at a lesser cost can severely hurt local manufacturers.

I certainly don't think that China only puts out junk. My main concern is loss of jobs in our country do to the cheaper products coming from China. The US is definitely in trouble.

I forgot what presidential administration we were under,Bush senior I think when they talked about a service based economy . Lets face it though an economy based on that alone won't do so well .Like Lou Dobs says,that giant sucking sound .

I always prided myself on driving to Rocky boot factory in Nelsonville and getting about 4 pairs of work boots at a time. Last time I was there I was told of the news of the plant part being moved to China.

Anyhow out of the pairs of shoes I bought all were still USA at $90-$150 a pair, except 1 China made pair was $60.
I really didnt like the idea because it displaced workers there.

But I admit the China made boot is still going strong and the more expensive USA made boots fell apart at the soles etc :X.

So all I can say is WAKE UP AMERICA in that radio voice. ;)

When I was growing up, there were dozens of factories in my area, each one employing hundreds of people. All those factories needed tradesman to keep them going, now most of these businesses have up and moved overseas or to Mexico. It's our own fault for letting it happen.

Now if they made a saw equal to Stihls MS170 and sold it for $50 or so, well then sign me up.

Sadly the company with the crap Stihl copies do make an MS180 knock off. It's USD$70 + freight but there is not a hope in hell of me buying any. I'll stick with these 365's for now.

I agree on the whole China thing and trust me guys, Australia is in the same boat as the US, if not worse. Basically all of our manufacturing is going offshore to China and even companies who have sworn they'll continue to manufacture goods in Australia end up going overseas eventually.

As far as your boots go Cut4fun I've had the same experiences. I got sick of buying Australian made Rossi and Blundstone boots as they simply wouldn't last. Bought a pair of well respected Chinese made boots (Blue Steel) and they are the first pair of boots I've ever had where I've worn the sole well and truly out without the leather upper falling apart.
Clothing and boots etc is one area the Chinese have well and truly nailed. Many companies simply assume that the Chinese are pumping out garbage - Asian countries can't be underestimated as they have a drive to succeed that the Western world simply wouldn't understand. While we start work at 9am and knock off at 5.30pm (well I wish I did!) they are up all night thinking of how to improve their business and make more money.

During the 60's this little podunk berg of 50 thousand must have employed 100 thousand but most of that is gone now .It got so bad about mid 80's that Time magizine labeled it the "rust belt " .

That plus massize foreclosuers of family farms inspired Willie Nelson to put on a free concert . Now that was a party .:D

Very many of the people working in the factories in China come from poor backgrounds, and now they are happy to have jobs that allow them an improvement in their standard of living. Some of the factories provide good working conditions and a good lunch, it's incorrect to imagine sweat houses. The workers there have been lacking in guidance, not necessarily in work ethic. What propelled Japan to the pinnacle of economic stardom some years ago, was the workers remembering when they were poor.

Very many of the people working in the factories in China come from poor backgrounds, and now they are happy to have jobs that allow them an improvement in their standard of living. Some of the factories provide good working conditions and a good lunch, it's incorrect to imagine sweat houses. The workers there have been lacking in guidance, not necessarily in work ethic. What propelled Japan to the pinnacle of economic stardom some years ago, was the workers remembering when they were poor.

This is why the rest of the industrialized world is "quaking in there boots". It's only a matter of time (and sooner rather than later,IMO),that they'll match Japans quality and not necessarily their cost !!!

Steve

The workers in the US didn't realize how good they had it. Continually wanting more and more, and doing less and less. It was inevitable that this would happen. Why would a company stay here and fight to stay afloat when they can go overseas and make a killing with cheaper wages, a strong work ethic and less regulation ?

There are plenty of people here who still have a strong work ethic and a skills to go with it, but it doesn't seem to be like it was when I was growing up.

There are plenty of people here who still have a strong work ethic and a skills to go with it, but it doesn't seem to be like it was when I was growing up.

I agree here in the USA, the Amish and Mennonite are some hard workers. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
I just couldnt pass that up, sorry :lol: ;)

I hired a Mennonite building crew to build my new barn when the old one went down in 100mph winds. They worked daylight to sundown and had a 36'x48'x10' custom made to my drawing done in 3 days. :O8) That was concrete floor, laminate beams and all.

I hired a Mennonite building crew to build my new barn when the old one went down in 100mph winds.

Found a ole pic of workers. Notice steel wheels on the bobcat. Thats the only way they are allowed to use them.

Copyofcarsandbarn012.jpg

How did they get to the job? Steel rims with no tires?:lol:

Believe it or not they hire a English driver . :lol::lol::lol:

Nice fancy dodge (if there is such a thing) with a big enclosed trailer. Even when work was done, english driver drove boss man back for last half of payment.

I might have a pic somewhere.

Rig on the left. We know who has all the money and buying up all the land dont we. ;)

BarnRaisingDay2006.jpg

Lots of generalizations about foreign goods being thrown around in this thread. China is putting out better and better products all the time, and not all the work force is being exploited. Generally the better goods are the ones where other countries companies owning the plants, have their own management on site for quality control. There may always be that crap coming out of China, but more people there are getting clued in. You should see the Chinese tourists in Japan buying electronic goods, designer handbags, and cosmetics, because they can trust the quality....I'm seeing commercials in Chinese! There are entrepreneurs in China who want that market as well. Maybe the rest of the world should be happy that China still puts out junk, quality imports at a lesser cost can severely hurt local manufacturers.

It is not the makers that are to blame, it is those who order and distribute mostly, but also consumers them selfs.
It is not just china makers that do this....

Here is a good one:
If you found a no name Dodge Viper for a fraction of the cost, but expect it to be the same?

I deal with this crap daily. People get scammed and think they get the real stuff for 1/4 of standard price.
Stihl, Husqvarna and others suffer from this too. Not direct, but indirect as the saws that are crap are thought to be better. "I did not expect this from a known brand" they say, even after I explained what they came in the door with!

Anyone saying the saws are the same either don't know better or is just scammed!
You can not get them to perform the same as there are differences.

As for this 365 copy........
8 pulls to get a warm saw going...
Come on... That alone is a good reason to take it in for warranty!
OH, no... There is no warranty, no service, no parts supply....

If you think parts are the same (not sure about this 365 never had one here), but in most cases they are not!
The 262 copy was a joke! Same with 372 and countless Stihl copies.

It is very disturbing as most people really don't wish to spend a lot of time learning or doing research.

Those here that are most pissed off is those that think they did a great deal and bought a high grade saw for a penny.

Those that do the research and know a bit more get and try once!

Wonder where that new 47" LED HD flat screen is going to be made at :lol:. I can guarantee it wont stop me from buying it this weekend when and if I pull the trigger ;).

I think our RCA plant south of me went out many years ago and I bet there isnt even a LED or LCD made on our home land.

Back