Bull Creek Redwoods

Real intelligent post there, Wiley. Why don't you look into it instead of being so negative. Nothing gets burned, sir. It's a temporary relief for pain, and probably can help reduce swelling, in lieu of instances where ice is not available

The subject came up for a sprain. Having worked in the field as a medic I know for a fact that something like the product you are talking about will have no effect on the swelling going on in the well beneath the skin and in order for it to do so one would have to spray enough to freeze and blister the skin. Burning off skin growths, temporary relief from a 1st degree burn sure, but for the reference to a sprain no go.
*snip* shoemaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
You see the spray get used a lot in baseball, when a guy gets hit by a pitch, or a foul ball bounces back up and nails the batter. The trainer usually gives what appears to be a two second blast with the stuff...standard procedure. I suppose that repeatedly spraying it on might damage the skin, but it evaporates very quickly. I think that the cold blocks pain impulses to the brain, or something. Some relief from swelling...I dunno, but the manufacturers claim it.

The suggestion was for taking it on a hiking trip where a person is subject to getting a sprain. It seems like it might make getting yourself back to the car a bit easier, if the Good Humor ice cream truck isn't making his rounds through the area.

Back