Bull Creek Redwoods

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Terri and I are on our way to Bull Creek to find the Hyperion 378 footer. We're narrowing it down finally after weeks of hiking through the flats. I feel confident that we'll find it today. After all there's not much of the Bull Creek that we haven't covered.

Will keep you posted with the results. Weather looks excellent with the river fog expected to burn off by noon. And that's about the time we'll be turning tail and driving home.

Later

Good luck in the hunt Gerry. If you find it scale it for me would you. I get all excited hear 50,000 boards and whatnot.:evil:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're beat. Terri and I must have hiked 6 miles today zigzaging through Bull creek flats between Rockefeller and Calf creek. Got caught up in windthrows 3 high, Terri twisted her ankle and we crawled under and through magnificent devastation. Mosquito bitten, poision oak, and sore body fat.

No we didn't find the tree, but I could smell it. We did find three trees with markers, electronic equipment and strings running up them. So I know we were in the the ball park.

There's just so much there that a person can see in a single day and try not to pass anything up.

So we're going back soon and pick up where we left off and try to find that tree. I'll post some pics of a few of the trees that were runners up. I'm just too tired right now. In the morning.

Best wishes for Terri, I hope her ankle isn't hurt badly. :(
Looking forward to the pictures and stories. By 'morning', are you speaking of your typical 4am awakenings? :P

Don't let Mr. Sillett find out about your excursions...you might get a stern finger shaking headed your way!

Attachments

• steve.JPG
    steve.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 2
Back