Bug eyes?

• Thread starter top hopper
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 10K
Best eye protection, for me, that've come across.

Love'em, never fog, I don't have issues with dust.
I've been using them for a long time too, plus there's a bit of foam.
It's like face armour.

Mesh ones? Do you possibly have a photo available?

Thanks.

Best photo I have of them is in my profile with me wearing them standing on a good sized black oak.

I have a new set ordered.. I will take a pic of them when they get in. That way you can see them all pretty before work..
They have a strap on the thigh and three on each leg. Covers me all the way over my ankles.. I even climb in them. :D

Best photo I have of them is in my profile with me wearing them standing on a good sized black oak.

I have a new set ordered.. I will take a pic of them when they get in. That way you can see them all pretty before work..
They have a strap on the thigh and three on each leg. Covers me all the way over my ankles.. I even climb in them. :D

Oh, you're talking about your chaps!.... I've been trying to picture goggles that wrap around the ankles......!:|:

My chaps are forestry department issue, or something along those lines, and they never wear out. I purchased them from Bailey's years ago, the oil must be preserving 'em or sumpin. Those Husky ones do look very good, and probably make it easier to walk through brush?

Ha, same high school and everything! I got to thinking that the name of this thread was what goggles do you chaps wear.

Oh, you're talking about your chaps!.... I've been trying to picture goggles that wrap around the ankles......!:|:

My chaps are forestry department issue, or something along those lines, and they never wear out. I purchased them from Bailey's years ago, the oil must be preserving 'em or sumpin. Those Husky ones do look very good, and probably make it easier to walk through brush?

Jay, if they are impregnated with oil, they are not going to do the job slowing an errant sawchain, so say the manufacturers...they need to be relatively clean to function at their potential to protect you. Also, more modern manufactured chaps are significantly better at doing their job than older ones, even at peak performance. Perhaps reconsider, my friend :).

The Bugz sponge molding on the sides WILL soak up sweat and act like a sponge keeping the sweat in but I don't have too much of a problem with it.

I actually have 2 pairs for really hot days.

Jay, if they are impregnated with oil, they are not going to do the job slowing an errant sawchain, so say the manufacturers...they need to be relatively clean to function at their potential to protect you. Also, more modern manufactured chaps are significantly better at doing their job than older ones, even at peak performance. Perhaps reconsider, my friend :).

That's the first time I've heard that, Burnam, thanks for the advice. I might try washing them, as most of the oil is the washable kind...if it really does wash out as claimed. The chaps that CursedVoyce recommend look good, so a new pair might be in order. I like how chaps help keep you warm in the winter. Over ten years of use here with the current pair, have yet to nick 'em 8)

I think I'll try some bug eyes as well, tired of fogged up safety glasses.

Are the full wrap Husky chaps the same ones they had about ten years ago? Mine are somewhat due for replacement, and the Husky chaps are my favorite. Only hole in mine so far is from the muffler on a back pack blower, melted the label off, and dang near got my pants pocket too!

i love my Bugz. They give non-sweaty, non-foggy pro-tection. Dust, sand, mist etc. do get thru. So, not as good for running blower etc. Fine dust from cutting dead, hitting grain wrong or dull saw, can get thru too.

So, they aren't as all around protective, but many times more wearable; to multiply out to more protection for me. Just limit to uses that they are good at(in their 'power band')/ stay out of dusts, sands, mists. They also do act a little as 'sun dimmers', so can make it harder to see at dawn, dusk, shady areas etc.

but, they are also good fer scaring kids that are still smaller than me!

That's the first time I've heard that, Burnam, thanks for the advice. I might try washing them, as most of the oil is the washable kind...if it really does wash out as claimed. The chaps that CursedVoyce recommend look good, so a new pair might be in order. I like how chaps help keep you warm in the winter. Over ten years of use here with the current pair, have yet to nick 'em 8)

Burnham is (as usual) correct on that cleanliness info. Chaps do work well but I've cut through them before and sunk a chain just into the top of my knee, I hate to think of what would've happened had I not been wearing cutting pants.

Yeah I have to buy the chaps new every year.. Burning brush is hell on them as are mufflers.. LOL. Guess they are over 90.00 a pair now. I have to order them through the dealer. I will post the part number once I go in to order them....

They are a life saver in the brush since they are full wrap. And nice in the winter especially. I wear them year round though and climb with them... Makes for a lil extra padding for the gaffs. YVW and I hope they serve you as well as I.

I especially like my chaps in the winter.:D

About 8 years ago I was helping a buddy of mine park about a half an acre, and he got another friend involved to deadwood a grove of pines. We bought him a bright orange pair of chaps so we could see from a distance if he was actually moving.:roll:

I had a co-worker once, I was going to hire the guys that track continental drift to see if he actually moved, but it was going to take ten years of comparing measurements for a valid distance reading.

My new fine screen bugz arrived.

Attachments

• Bugman and Bugkid.jpg
    Bugman and Bugkid.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 7
Back