Buckingham Ergovation Tree Saddle

Wood Collector

TreeHouser
I am looking at getting the Buckingham Ergovation Tree Saddle but was wondering how it is when sitting suspended for jobs like dead wooding and canopy inspections.
It is a bit hard for me to go and sit in the saddle as most companies that I have contacted want you to pay for it or put a deposit on it before they will order it in.
Cheers WC

That's a nice saddle( from what I read)
I rock a treemotoin and couldn't be happier.
Bought the same price??
I'm sure others will chime in that will be more help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had considered the TM but as it does not have a fall arrest harness add on that is why I am thinking of going with the Ergovation. When I finish school I am looking at going into construction and keeping arborist work as a side job so I was wanting the harness to be able to be used when doing roof work but also be able to do tree work on the side.

The Ergo is a great saddle, the only downside I've found is in tight canopy and brushy trees, it can be pretty bulky and get hung up. It is very supportive while sitting, and carries a big saw well. The tree motion is also a great saddle, however I don't feel it carries a large saw as well, and I didn't find it very comfortable until it was broken in.

Now, I'm a bit confused, I truly love my new Tree Motion Saddle, it does have a fall arrest setup, but you have to shorten the rope bridge to its minimum. Then you can clip in a chest croll, YoYoMan has a video on YouTube that shows you how to set it up.. I've experimented with my setup and found out that it does actually work. The TM has a hoop centered on the back center of the saddle, I used a Petzl Bridge Ring to attach the shoulder harness to the saddle. It works really sweet for me. It lets me work Ddrt and SRT with fall protection. IMO, anything is possible if you fiddle around with it long enough. Best of Luck to all my Buzzers!

Dave6390 in WI

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry for the delay in getting back to the thread I have been busy studying for exams. I did not know that you could get a shoulder harness for it as I have not seen one available for it. I am thinking that I will stay with the ergo.

I was about to buy the Ergo Lite as thats for sale here in England and it feels nice, for me.

Although, I'm more interested in the Ergovation because it has the lower D type attachment points, like the Treemotion.

I like the Treemotion harness but don't love it, however, I can't live without the low D rings.

So who has had both harnesses and how didi they compare, in your opinion?
Thanks
Al.

Back