Big broken cherry

treebilly

Student of the Jedi. OH-7106A
This is the emergency I got called out to this morning image.jpg the cherry is about 20" diameter where it broke off and is completely unattached. It's laying hard on the maple directly beside it and the top is into another maple that is tight to the house. Lots of ropes today. I'll try to get more pics and load them later. It takes to long where I'm at. 10 degrees out and sunny. Gonna be a great day.
Sorry the pic is sideways

Makes it easier that the tree is more vertical than past horizontal. Good to have good high TIP. Play safely.

Ahhh... You probably got it done by the time you read this. What's under it? Maybe just climb above it and torch everything off. :rockon:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Well I got the pics turned the right way and got it done. Unfortunatly I got to into it and forgot to get more pictures during the job. I had 4 rigging lines set,2 climbing lines, and 1 vertical zip line all in at once. What a spider web. One line holding the broken end, another at the maple it was hung on, another grabbing the tips, and the last grabbing the but end of the tips. Vertical zip line was for the maple it was hung in so I could take some weight off before any rigging could add any more stress to it. All those ropes for 2 cuts to get that hanger down. Couldn't have went any better actually. One divot from dropping the maple spar but gotta leave some proof we were there. Still pumped so I'm rambling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The tips were in a tree up against the house and the butt was along a fence and random bushes through out the yard

Back