Best SNACKS Eaten by Tree House Members!

A cool trick with store bought queso is to smoke it, adds a whole nother taste range that really makes it. We would build a little aluminum foil boat, dump the bottle in, then throw it on the grill with some water soaked chips thrown on the coals. Later i starting making it in my Dutch oven and Coleman camp stove, you can throw a few wood chips in the pan and then put the boat on top of them, and with the lid closed the smoke gets in the queso, stirring occasionally. Always a favorite when cooking for people, an easy way to make a super addictive appetizer while you're getting the main course ready.
You really are a genius, Kyle. That sounds delicious.

Not having knives is a problem unfamiliar to me. I have five knives on my person as I type this :^D
You are a knife person. Do you remember when Pat climbed with us in my backyard and I needed a knife to cut the masons string? I said “you look like the kind of person who always has a knife on him” and sure enough……. You just exude knife carrier.

I can't imagine not having a knife, other than in a courthouse or other restricted area. When I was ten, my grandfather gave me a Zippo folder. That knife was within five feet of me until my first jury duty, probably at age 19. And I'm not exaggerating, for feet. Every day at school, everywhere. At around age 20, the bike handle on a Stihl FS106 wore a hole in my pocket, and I lost the knife. I went back many times looking for it. Two months later a coworker found it near a rock. It's been in its case ever since.

Yes, I will judge you if you don't carry a knife. Yes, I will give you attitude if you try to borrow mine, unless I have reason to trust you. :/: (Don't ask to borrow my carpenter's pencil. Not happening).

Arizona, land of cactus, Rattlesnakes, and tarantula hawk wasps. Leave the house without a knife at your own peril. Left home without your pants? OK, own that shit, strut baby strut! Left home without a blade? Turn around and try again, you're losing at life.

Also, Knife is Knife. All Knife cut cheese! Do not be so inept as to resort to those foul instruments pictured above! Those cut hair you know! Like actual hair! And beard hair sometimes! It's awful! Why would you show those terrible tools without warning! Don't you know I'm deathly allergic to scissors?!?!?!? Why, those things will CUT YOUR HAIR!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Arizona, land of cactus, Rattlesnakes, and tarantula hawk wasps. Leave the house without a knife at your own peril. Left home without your pants? OK, own that shit, strut baby strut! Left home without a blade? Turn around and try again, you're losing at life.

Also, Knife is Knife. All Knife cut cheese! Do not be so inept as to resort to those foul instruments pictured above! Those cut hair you know! Like actual hair! And beard hair sometimes! It's awful! Why would you show those terrible tools without warning! Don't you know I'm deathly allergic to scissors?!?!?!? Why, those things will CUT YOUR HAIR!
I know. I'm such an asshole! =-( I had a perfectly good Gerber and I chose...scissors. Commence the public shaming by the stocks, and throw humiliating amounts of rotten vegetables at me! I'm ready.

Am i the only one that would just take a bite of cheese and then throw in a cracker? :lol: i personally stopped carrying a knife most of the time since it mainly just wears out my pants quicker, but i always have one close so it's a non issue

I made the mistake of binge reading this when I was hungry. It all sounds good! I really like mildly salty snacks. Un-salted pretzels are hard to find so I get them when I can. Regular are too salty for me so I mix them with unsalted to get a happy medium. Love cape cod potato chips. Like fruits with salty snacks. Once again the fruit needs salt and the snack is less salty with the fruit balancing it. I like version of plowman’s lunch with cheese and apple slices and chutney and some good bread.
I really like almond roca but they are hard to get in Indiana. (I should probably order) I get by with heath bars. I forgot what rocas were called so I looked up “PNW toffee” and a bunch of other small local brands came up. Are you PNW folks English toffee freaks or what? Another snack I order is smarties candy mony rolls.

Un-salted pretzels are hard to find so I get them when I can.
I mentioned these in another thread, but these are the best pretzels around...

My favorite are the special hard salted, and the whole wheat salt with sesame. They're a little expensive compared to grocery store pretzels, but are unequaled by any grocery pretzel I've tried. There's other hand twist pretzel companies around the country, but these are the only ones I've had. I first found them at the Amish hardwarestore, and looked them up online to see where I could get them.

If you decided to try these(recommended!), and wanted to get the variety pack, you'd probably have to specify in the comments if you wanted any that weren't the standard pretzel, eg. burnt, no salt, whatever..., but they should do it for you. The hearth baked I can specifically recommend against. I find they're exceptionally bland. It's not like regular pretzels are flavor explosions anyway, and the hearth baked take all that flavor away. Might be good to use in a recipe for cooking something, but I don't know.

Another, NEW, @Knotorious food combo creation for your gustatory pleasure!

Introducing the the Fritos BBQ Flavor Twists with garlic lover's hummus combo! Each is great on their own, but together...***chef's kiss***...perfecto!

I'm special needs, so when it comes to snacks, I have equally as special needs! =-D

PXL_20240721_011525954.jpg

The Cheetos Mexican Street Corn is en fuego! It isn't super hot or fiery at all, though. It's just "pure fire" in the millennial sense of the term (read: it's amazing and awesome)!

I can't even describe the flavor perfectly. You have to experience it for yourself. It's a little known, open secret among Cheetos enthusiasts and I am imparting this wisdom upon you.

Pro Tip: They sell it at Walmart for short money.

They are tangy, citrusy, zesty, mildly spicy and flavorful. Delicious. Add some dipping sauce of your choice (everything from BBQ sauce, to ranch, to hummus are great), and estás en camino a un paraíso sabroso (for non-Spanish speakers: you are on your way to a tasty heaven)!

Give them a try. I really think most people will like them. Walgreens sometimes sells them as well; along with countless other places.

PXL_20240721_143345625.jpg

Back