Best SNACKS Eaten by Tree House Members!

Knotorious

That Guy With The Face
Do you love Sun chips? Do you love salsa con queso AKA cheese dip? Then why not combine the two into one delicious snack!

You can use any chip that you want, but I specifically recommend the Garden Salsa Sun Chips mixed with the Tostitos Salsa Con Queso (cheese dip). I discovered this snack mixture extravaganza a few years ago and I'm currently eating it right now. It's sooooo good. Once you try it, you're going to thank me. Trust me on this one.

My brain may be f*cked up, but my palette is exquisite! haha

Plus, I thought this would make for a great thread! Let me know what all of your favorite snacks are!

PXL_20240616_174335825.jpg

PXL_20240616_174506994.MP.jpg

Almost everything I get is a one-off. I'm not big on keeping snack foods around the house, cause I eat too much. For something I get with any kind of regularity, I guess it would be tortilla chips, shredded sharp cheddar, nuked in the microwave, then gobs of hot sauce are added. The chips are usually aldi organic rounds. I like those cause they're yellow corn, and not white like most chips. Yellow has a better corn flavor.

edit:
I guess cheese and crackers is a snack, though sometimes it's dinner. Lately I've been doing various alpine cheeses on Leksands crisp bread with nothing else, but occasionally mustard. My favorite generally is an extra sharp cheddar on rosemary/olive oil trisquits, with lots of hot sauce.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Almost everything I get is a one-off. I'm not big on keeping snack foods around the house, cause I eat too much. For something I get with any kind of regularity, I guess it would be tortilla chips, shredded sharp cheddar, nuked in the microwave, then gobs of hot sauce are added. The chips are usually aldi organic rounds. I like those cause they're yellow corn, and not white like most chips. Yellow has a better corn flavor.

edit:
I guess cheese and crackers is a snack, though sometimes it's dinner. Lately I've been doing various alpine cheeses on Leksands crisp bread with nothing else, but occasionally mustard. My favorite generally is an extra sharp cheddar on rosemary/olive oil trisquits, with lots of hot sauce.

I love brie and Triscuits (Original)...
Pepperjack is good too.
Edit: Monterey jack is good too!

Laughing cow pepper jack cheese, with pretzel chips. My girls live it too.

Vacadillos jerky, basically Mexican flavored biltong!

Dot's Pretzels, specifically the southwestern seasoned (blue bag)

20240616_121833.jpg

Most any kind of saladitos.

MotherFuckin CheezIts!

Most Mexican candy.

Charleston Chews candy bars

I discovered Del Rosa mazapan this year. Those things are delicious, but way sweet. I won't buy them again til cold weather, but I'll get them again. I've had original Dots. They were really good.

Laughing cow pepper jack cheese, with pretzel chips. My girls live it too.

Vacadillos jerky, basically Mexican flavored biltong!

Dot's Pretzels, specifically the southwestern seasoned (blue bag)

View attachment 139400

Most any kind of saladitos.

MotherFuckin CheezIts!

Most Mexican candy.

Charleston Chews candy bars
That Vacadillios sounds great and, I concur, Cheezits are amazing!
I discovered Del Rosa mazapan this year. Those things are delicious, but way sweet. I won't buy them again til cold weather, but I'll get them again. I've had original Dots. They were really good.
Marzipan is sooooooooooooo good. I used to get some from Germany all of the time!

Stollen (pictured below) is an excellent bread that often has marzipan swirled into it with almonds, nuts, raisins, orange peel, essence of rose and rum and powdered sugar around the crust. Try it out. It's easier to find during the holidays!

1718570353633.png

Mazapan is a bit of a different thing. It's related, but it's Mexican, and made with peanuts. I've only had Del Rosa brand, so I don't know if it's typical, but they're very delicate. You have to carefully unwrap them, carefully hold them, and carefully takes bites, but they melt in your mouth, and have a very rich, sweet peanut flavor.

Marzipan's good too, and stollen rocks. I always get some around jul time.

Mazapan is a bit of a different thing. It's related, but it's Mexican, and made with peanuts. I've only had Del Rosa brand, so I don't know if it's typical, but they're very delicate. You have to carefully unwrap them, carefully hold them, and carefully takes bites, but they melt in your mouth, and have a very rich, sweet peanut flavor.

Marzipan's good too, and stollen rocks. I always get some around jul time.
Oopsies. I thought you meant Marzipan! My badzies!

Here're an image of some de la Rosa mazapan!

1718571103341.png

Whoops! I got the name a little wrong. I've only bought them twice. I'd weigh a ton if I ate as many as I wanted :^D

Hahaha. Those are in just about every store in Arizona. Just about everywhere has at least a small "Mexican candy section" which is where I find various saladitos and of course chili coated suckers and various other yummy things like chili rokas. But I do try to avoid the sweets.

My big weakness is kettle cooked potato chips.

Spicy queso and corn chips are good. Cheezits and Goldfish crackers are addictive.

My healthier snacks include kimchi, nuts, and humus with multigrain breads.

Stovetop popcorn probably isn’t too bad for ya but the nuke bags, not so much. I eat either.

Both tater chips and plantain chips are great. I've grown to dislike flavored chips over the years. I'll get something that looks good on the bag, but I end up wishing I got plain. And definitely the heavy kettle cooked chips. Way better than the thin ones.

That sounds fantastic! I've gotten epic brand salmon bites that were pretty good, and I had some kind of salmon jerky once that was out of this world, but they disappeared, and I can't even remember the brand now.

Soft, tender, moist. Perfectly smoked on superb fresh salmon flavor. They are ridiculously delicious. Not cheap, but we always stop to get a few when we are on the south Oregon coast. Always get a smoked steelhead fillet or two as well. Equally yummy.

There is a deli that I go to sometimes that makes their own chips. That's the only time I eat chips. They are like the discontinued Cape Cod Dark Russets, if anyone remembers them.
Just so you know, you can still buy those off of Amazon. Little known secret that I'm imparting unto you. Just search "cape code dark russet" and you'll get a few options.

Here's my best attempt at linking that query, but this site doesnt' like Amazon links...

I don't know what you're referring to. These all look up to par. I think you were joking.

Edit: They're sold by Cape Cod chips themselves.

Last edited:
A cool trick with store bought queso is to smoke it, adds a whole nother taste range that really makes it. We would build a little aluminum foil boat, dump the bottle in, then throw it on the grill with some water soaked chips thrown on the coals. Later i starting making it in my Dutch oven and Coleman camp stove, you can throw a few wood chips in the pan and then put the boat on top of them, and with the lid closed the smoke gets in the queso, stirring occasionally. Always a favorite when cooking for people, an easy way to make a super addictive appetizer while you're getting the main course ready.

Back