arbo space?

Machine stitch or splice? You said machine stitched in the first sentence then machine spliced in the second.

Machine stitch or splice? You said machine stitched in the first sentence then machine spliced in the second.
there is a lot of terminology being used in this industry and that creates same amount of confusions… some call “grizzly splice” , means “stitched eyes” , some call sewn eyes.. some call machine spliced.. we just learn how to be on the same page.. :)

there is a lot of terminology being used in this industry and that creates same amount of confusions… some call “grizzly splice” , means “stitched eyes” , some call sewn eyes.. some call machine spliced.. we just learn how to be on the same page.. :)
Better to explain the terminology as your outfit uses it, not just whine about it...how else will we learn the pages?

I think I explained it pretty clearly ? Anything that you want to learn, more than happy to assist

Did I miss something? I didn't see the clear explanation.

Poor job of it, again. There is no way that tight eye equals hand splice as an absolute, out in the splicing world.

Sorry to be the curmudgeon...but I tend to get a little put off by the smell of marketing being one of your primary reasons for joining our ranks. I may be wrong. If so, apologies.

Thanks for the suppo
Poor job of it, again. There is no way that tight eye equals hand splice as an absolute, out in the splicing world.

Sorry to be the curmudgeon...but I tend to get a little put off by the smell of marketing being one of your primary reasons for joining our ranks. I may be wrong. If so, apologies.
I am not here for marketing nor to please you either. I enjoy talking to climbers and learn from each other.

Impressive marketing when you can both troll for new customers and offend them at the same time!
I don’t mean to offend anyone, I offer my knowledge and I stand behind of what I know, I am a certified splicer and people here deserves to have the correct information. I apologize if I said anything wrong..

I give up. I can only assume you are being deliberately obtuse. It beggars the mind that a professional splicer doesn't understand my point.

Just to chime in as a third party unbiased view. Most of the people in this forum are 20-30 year professionals and legends in the industry. Chris you are a certified splicer so you would be expected to be a professional witness to the quality and aspects of that field. Your input and advice are greatly welcomed here and we hope to share as much knowledge to you as possible. Mr Burnham is a legend and very skilled person. One brief look at his “about me” will prove of his knowledge and passion for this industry in all aspects. But Chris, I have read all of your posts and when you begin with coming in to a thread and saying something along the lines of “I highly recommend y’all try this rope from us.” That comes off as marketing because no one asked you for that information. You decided to push a product on a close community of people that never asked you for it. If you double check your original statement it said “tight eye=spliced eye.” I can understand why you consider tight eye as a spliced eye but without the distinction of calling something a sewn eye (like that is done with a list of options and pictures on treestuff.com’s website. Then the term “tight eye” COULD be mistaken as also being a sewn eye. My understanding of a tight eye is essentially an eye made into the end of a rope that is roughly 1in diameter so that it holds closely to the carabiner. Wether that 1in tight eye is made through a hand splice or sewn is still a question to be made unless clarity is given in advance. I originally asked of methods to “hand sew” an eye into the end of a rope. I splice all of my own rope and have brake tested all of them to passing 90% or above the original strength. But some ropes can’t be hand spliced and if I wanted to make an eye in the end of it. The only option is to have it sewn. But no one will sew an eye in to a rope once it is in your possession. Hope I could clear some air and bring some clarity to this from a young man’s third party view. Please share with us what you know and ask us what you don’t so that we may grow as a community. If someone wanted to ask you about a static line or a rigging line than we know we have that option because your here with us. While you have the option to gain our points of view when it comes to what we want or look for in a product and how we use it. That’s hundreds of years of in tree experience at your disposal that could help you and the company you work for grow

Just to chime in as a third party unbiased view. Most of the people in this forum are 20-30 year professionals and legends in the industry. Chris you are a certified splicer so you would be expected to be a professional witness to the quality and aspects of that field. Your input and advice are greatly welcomed here and we hope to share as much knowledge to you as possible. Mr Burnham is a legend and very skilled person. One brief look at his “about me” will prove of his knowledge and passion for this industry in all aspects. But Chris, I have read all of your posts and when you begin with coming in to a thread and saying something along the lines of “I highly recommend y’all try this rope from us.” That comes off as marketing because no one asked you for that information. You decided to push a product on a close community of people that never asked you for it. If you double check your original statement it said “tight eye=spliced eye.” I can understand why you consider tight eye as a spliced eye but without the distinction of calling something a sewn eye (like that is done with a list of options and pictures on treestuff.com’s website. Then the term “tight eye” COULD be mistaken as also being a sewn eye. My understanding of a tight eye is essentially an eye made into the end of a rope that is roughly 1in diameter so that it holds closely to the carabiner. Wether that 1in tight eye is made through a hand splice or sewn is still a question to be made unless clarity is given in advance. I originally asked of methods to “hand sew” an eye into the end of a rope. I splice all of my own rope and have brake tested all of them to passing 90% or above the original strength. But some ropes can’t be hand spliced and if I wanted to make an eye in the end of it. The only option is to have it sewn. But no one will sew an eye in to a rope once it is in your possession. Hope I could clear some air and bring some clarity to this from a young man’s third party view. Please share with us what you know and ask us what you don’t so that we may grow as a community. If someone wanted to ask you about a static line or a rigging line than we know we have that option because your here with us. While you have the option to gain our points of view when it comes to what we want or look for in a product and how we use it. That’s hundreds of years of in tree experience at your disposal that could help you and the company you work for grow
I really appreciate you taking your time and writing this.. Means a lot. I’m happy to be here

Back