American Made Arborist Tools - TreeStuff.com

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
I have been super pleased with our efforts to source products in our state of Indiana . Here is a short video we put together.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aAhqd1hUsh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very cool I say. Are these also the folks that make the Antal-style rings for you ?

Fantastic stuff. Treestuff is a great example showing that made in USA does not always mean more expensive.

Any chance you could put up a list of your American sourced products? Did you try and find a source for the Petzl Pantin style ascender that was in the US? It would be huge if you sourced all of your knock offs from American companies.

And I don't mean to be disrespectful by using the term knock off, but I don't know what else to call them.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised the term PortAWrap isn't trademarked. That being said...

I loves me some fabrication!

Attachments

• porty 2.jpg
    porty 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 102
  • porty.JPG
    porty.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our ABR Rigging Thimbles are made by one of two partnered companies we work with here in Indianapolis. Not every product is suited for US production but we are doing our best to create jobs in our area by bringing not only Asian, but European sourced manufacturing home.

Right now, products made by TreeStuff in the USA include but are not limited to: MCRS, RopeRunner, ABR Thimbles, Portawrap, AFB TS1, APTA, and more. And I dont see those products as knock offs.

I sure would love to see some arborist clothing (double thick sweatshirts, stretchy pants etc.) join the list of American sourced treestuff products.

I'm surprised the term PortAWrap isn't trademarked. That being

Right now, products made by TreeStuff in the USA include but are not limited to: MCRS, RopeRunner, ABR Thimbles, Portawrap, AFB TS1, APTA, and more. And I dont see those products as knock offs.
Sure seems knockoffish to me. Not that I'm complaining about American jobs but can you expound on these items not being knock offs?

It's a knock off it it effects your income and future security. If not, not so much.

Arb supply companies offer free shipping and reduced shipping now. I buy as much as possible from TS, nobody gave me free or reduced shipping before they built up that as a part of their service model.

Did they patent it? Doubt it - it's just the right thing to do.

Sure seems knockoffish to me. Not that I'm complaining about American jobs but can you expound on these items not being knock offs?

Portawrap - Not patented, we pay an up front royalty (more than buckingham does) to the original inventor Norm Hall, Scott Prophet declined because of his involvement with SherrillTree

MCRS - Designed with Matt, pay him up front royalties on every unit made (not sold, made)

ABR Thimbles - Specifically designed for tree work and arborist ropes, not relabeled marine products. Listed breaking strengths, real testing. Offered JDD up front royalty, he declined assumedly due to involvement with Sherrill Tree. Additionally he nor ANTAL has a claim on the low friction thimble or rope thimble of any type.

AFB TS1 - Improvement on out of industry product, not patented. Pay up front royalty to original inventor per unit made (not sold).

APTA - I Invented it and get no royalty.

The PAW and rings are definitely knock offs in my opinion. They were items that someone else invented and you guys sourced out and made minor tweaks to. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing..... Just depends on how you market them. I think what you did with the Rings was totally legit.... Hell, even the Pantin knock off is legit but it would be cool if it was made in the US. Obviously that would probably make it one of, if not the most expensive foot ascenders in the market.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I will add that we nor any company is required to offer royalties on non-patent protected items nor were we pursued by the items original inventors. We approached them in good faith and offered each generous payments in appreciation for their innovation.

It's a knock off it it effects your income and future security. If not, not so much.

Arb supply companies offer free shipping and reduced shipping now. I buy as much as possible from TS, nobody gave me free or reduced shipping before they built up that as a part of their service model.

Did they patent it? Doubt it - it's just the right thing to do.
Wesspur has offered free shipping for many years fwiw.
Portawrap - Not patented, we pay an up front royalty (more than buckingham does) to the original inventor Norm Hall, Scott Prophet declined because of his involvement with SherrillTree

MCRS - Designed with Matt, pay him up front royalties on every unit made (not sold, made)

ABR Thimbles - Specifically designed for tree work and arborist ropes, not relabeled marine products. Listed breaking strengths, real testing. Offered JDD up front royalty, he declined assumedly due to involvement with Sherrill Tree. Additionally he nor ANTAL has a claim on the low friction thimble or rope thimble of any type.

AFB TS1 - Improvement on out of industry product, not patented. Pay up front royalty to original inventor per unit made (not sold).

APTA - I Invented it and get no royalty.

I will add that we nor any company is required to offer royalties on non-patent protected items nor were we pursued by the items original inventors. We approached them in good faith and offered each generous payments in appreciation for their innovation.
Pretty stinking cool Nick, thanks for the clarification.

Just another reason TreeStuff ROCKS! :rockon:

Hell, even the Pantin knock off is legit but it would be cool if it was made in the US. Obviously that would probably make it one of, if not the most expensive foot ascenders in the market.

This might not be what you mean by a "Pantin knockoff", but I believe it is a foot ascender made here in the USA.

http://www.cmi-gear.com/collections/ascenders/products/foot-ascenders

Most of what CMI sells is made by them in West Virginia, USA.

http://www.cmi-gear.com/pages/about-us

This might not be what you mean by a "Pantin knockoff", but I believe it is a foot ascender made here in the USA.

http://www.cmi-gear.com/collections/ascenders/products/foot-ascenders

Most of what CMI sells is made by them in West Virginia, USA.

http://www.cmi-gear.com/pages/about-us
I have the cmi foot ascender and like it a lot. And no, that's not what I mean by a knock off.... That's a totally different design. I also have to old style pantin and don't use it anymore in favor of my cmi.

Again, don't get me wrong. Knock off are cool.... It's always nice to have options. But knock offs made in the US are favorable in my book over knock offs from Asia, or wherever.

Back