Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

It would definitely just be a guess because I have not used those ropes, Burnham, but that combo should produce a sporty or more lively responsive setup.

Thanks, I might have to give some 8mm AP a try even though 10mm beeline blue works wonders for me

Iv used AP on everything since I first got hold of some, to date that is Blaze, Tachyon, PI, Imori, Vortex and Velocity. Works just fine on all of em.

I'll give the ArmorPrus a try when my HRC wears out. Although, the HRC seems to be indestructible so that could be quite a while.

Seems I still have some HRC and Bail out around here somewhere. Stuff takes a licking!

I still need to try my Ultra Tech with the HH on the Blue Moon. Waiting until it breaks in a bit though.

There is nothing fancy going on with that pulley. I was just trying out how a swing-cheek pulley would work compared to a fixed side plate pulley.

A pulley under the HH makes it tail as smoothly as a Hitchclimber setup. The down side is it is difficult to put on and take off and is one more thing to drop.

This simple modified Fixed pulley actually works pretty well. It doesn't need the tether as it stays on in use, but I don't have much feeling left in my hands and tend to drop small fiddly things.

View attachment 54777

View attachment 54778

I really liked this idea so I bought a Pinto pulley and tried it out today on a big Oak reduction. OH MY GOD, what a revelation! Suddenly the HH tends as smoothly as an HC all the time.
Is this the best kept Arb secret of all time?!

Honestly guys, I reckon this is the best mod to SRT gear that you can make.

Well done and thank you Dmc, or whoever thought of it.

It seems from what I have tried, with a pulley on the bottom of the biner, that you can tend slack on the spine side of the HH, if you set up the pulley facing that way. Does anyone else do this ? The pulley then acts as a runner when being pulled upwards on ascent.

I really liked this idea so I bought a Pinto pulley and tried it out today on a big Oak reduction. OH MY GOD, what a revelation! Suddenly the HH tends as smoothly as an HC all the time.
Is this the best kept Arb secret of all time?!

Honestly guys, I reckon this is the best mod to SRT gear that you can make.

Well done and thank you Dmc, or whoever thought of it.

I've been experimenting with a few different hitches, completely forgot about
trying out a pulley to tend my HH. I'm definitely gonna try that. :thumbup::D

I used my HH DdRT for the first time the other day (with the bent gate biner for easier slack tending)...I fear the HC is further relegated to the side pocket of my rope bag, poor thing. 8)

Love how easily it switches back and forth... I had a small tree to do yesterday and just Ddrt up 20 feet and get to work.. I cinched the working end of the line a few times switching to SRT and get on on some tips with a redirect through a crotch.. Come back in.... Switch back and forth...
HC still comes out to play if I don't want to take the HH off my line I am using for multiple trees. Like if I have one little one or one big one I have to Wraptor, but I left my HH on a different line suited length for a different tree. I see more HHs in my bag in the future.

Don't think that will work out well. I looked long and hard for an HMS style binder that had the pointy end in the middle, no such thing exists to my knowledge. That one will sit at a weird angle against the side plates and may not be so good.

Try making a tether from a old leather belt. I'm liking mine so far, thanks dmc.

I'm using a bit of skinny accessory cord, double fishermans on each side so that keeps it snug...I wouldn't change the biner from what is supplied, it has been manufactured to those tolerances and specs for that shape. Just keep experimenting with your tether, I think treestuff is selling a custom one now...or it might have been wesspur, can't remember...

Ok I looked up other pics of that biner so I see what you're saying, thanks. Maybe I'll just look into other tether options.

The one I made is identical to the one treestuff sells and the eye has loosened up over time. Seems like the one at wesspur is a little more rigid and will maybe help it from sliding down? I also tried making one out of a nylon belt I had but it didn't work out so maybe the leather is a good option.

I've just been using a loop runner around my neck w/ a biner running to the ring on my bridge. I use suspenders, so another chest harness really clutters things up, for me anyways. Wouldn't say it's perfect, but I can keep it pretty short which in turn keeps everything out of the way. I hook the hass bungee up to the same biner and it seems to give a good step.

YMMV Cheers 8)

Back