Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

Seeing I had a 50.00 gift cert from WesSpur for being a calendar boy, I went and finally ordered a Hitch Hiker since I have been wanting one. Have a cabling job next week so I slapped it on the order as well....
Fiona... I find that I float between SRT and Ddrt. It really all depends on my work plan and the tree. The Wraptor plays into that as well, but less than you think.. I can't explain my thinking, it is just more of a decision as I look at the job and tree... what I feel would be easiest for me...

It reminds me of the days when I used to think...'I can write notes just fine by hand, who needs a computer!'...;)

You know what I mean...back in the 90's when computers were becoming the 'thing'...'pah' I said who needs that, I'll do fine with what I know....well how long did that last eh?
SRT is like my computer moment for trees...we still use both but by jingas, having the up to date stuff ready to go is cool! ('kay, rambling now, bye bye)

:)
Thanks Paul... I would have ordered it directly from you, but I wanted to take advantage of my winnings :)
I am going to need a cover for the Wraptor sooner than later though

Wraptor, thought I would not want one as it is one more expensive tool to take to the job and to protect. Used one for the first time when I worked back east for a couple of weeks. Humidity and heat were bad enough that I was not going to climb another tree as I was teetering on the brink of heat exhaustion. Rode the Wraptor up and worked down - did three more trees, finished the days work.

Wraptor, thought I would not want one as it is one more expensive tool to take to the job and to protect. Used one for the first time when I worked back east for a couple of weeks. Humidity and heat were bad enough that I was not going to climb another tree as I was teetering on the brink of heat exhaustion. Rode the Wraptor up and worked down - did three more trees, finished the days work.

Merle wish I could have meet you last week at Cal-line equip, but was to busy to go....

Im thinking of getting a wraptor as well, but down the road a bit...the summers are rough here!

Next time BlackOak. Yeah at any point that I felt I were stopped on 1 or 2 days of work in a summer/year from choosing not to climb and finish work I will definitely order one. Next year am going to try Butch’s highly recommended cold vests or neck wraps to keep going on hot days.

In keeping with the thread I enjoy my Hitch Hiker so much as a working money making tool that I ordered a second one in case I dropped the dog bone and couldn’t find it. Wouldn’t want to be without the HH.

Next time BlackOak. Yeah at any point that I felt I were stopped on 1 or 2 days of work in a summer/year from choosing not to climb and finish work I will definitely order one. Next year am going to try Butch’s highly recommended cold vests or neck wraps to keep going on hot days.

In keeping with the thread I enjoy my Hitch Hiker so much as a working money making tool that I ordered a second one in case I dropped the dog bone and couldn’t find it. Wouldn’t want to be without the HH.

I have two as well!

Back