ALL GEAR ropes?

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 43
  • Views 5K
W

Widow Shooter

Anybody climb on these? I have the 5/8" husky bull rope and a 120' hank of the neolite 16 strand that is almost 5 years old and is my footlocking rope 8), just wondering if anybody else uses it?

a buddy swears by the 12 strand 1/2" forestry pro ropes...;)

My working rope is arbormaster BWR, 1/2" , but how much better is it then the all gear ropes???

I've climbed on that forestry pro before, was it black and white,
seemed pretty good. Used a tautline on it too.

Never heard of Husky rope.

Generally climb line for climbing and rigging lines for rigging.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no no....the name is ALL GEAR....;) they make all kinds of climbing and rigging lines...lol www.allgearinc.com :)

Husky is the coating they put on some ropes, to help with wear.

they also make the technora/vectran combo for friction hitches; it has an over 900 F. melting point :) I want to try it for my hitch.

I'm a fan of sticking with the big 3, Yale, Samson, or New England Ropes. However they sponsored the rope for the Wraptor, so they can't be all bad :)

I really like my arbormaster, but like I stated; my 16 strand neolite is five years old and I have done some things that I'm not proud of with it...;)
It has no glazing, and just the right amount of fuzz to it.
I did have it milk, and had to cut both ends and remelt, but now it is like a new rope again :) lol

yeah.....I know. treestuff.com sells some of the stuff, and there is a place at the bottom Butch that you can inquire about prices, get samples, etc...;)

just click on a product and scroll down to the bottom.

I see that treestuff sells all the products they have for us, so that is a good thing :)

I've footlocked the 16 strand Neopro and used it for a lanyard. It's nice and compact but I like other ropes better.

The All Gear guy was at the ISA in Providence. First time I saw them. Appears to be a new startup and so he's eager to please. I don't any reason why their ropes would be any less quality than any of the others since all the rope manufactures get their yarns from the same chemical companies.

I think All Gear makes Fling-it too... which is sweet throwline. I hate the ripoff name though.

How about the rip off name on a rip off product?

I never noticed it was any better than Zing It, since it's essentially the same stuff.

Fling-it's coating seems to make it tangle less. Once the coating's worn off they're pretty much the same.

since all the rope manufactures get their yarns from the same chemical companies.

Is that true? Many of the polyester ropes from Yale are made by fibers from Honeywell.

When I called Atlantic Braids, they wouldn't tell me where their fibers came from. I have an assumption as to what that means. It seemed like they were trying to hide it for a reason.

The first time I saw All-gear stuff was I think at the TCI show in Baltimore in...was that 2002? Maybe '03?

love
nick

Jerry it's poor taste to rip off a product and/or it's name. Zing It doesn't have anything to do with it's use, neither does slick line or other names.

Back