adjusting stirrup on gecko steel climbers

cashstore

Treehouser
I'm on my 5th tree with my notch steel geckos. 95% of the time they work like a dream.

the other 5% the stirrup will not stay on the sole of my boot. comes off, moves diagonal.

bought new boots with a bigger heel. same issue

no matter how hard I tighten or pull I can't get this to stay on the boot. straight spars are usually ok, but going out in 45 degree limbs is an issue.

anyone experienced this? is there a way to modification, add straps, or something? maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm on my 5th tree with my notch steel geckos. 95% of the time they work like a dream.

the other 5% the stirrup will not stay on the sole of my boot. comes off, moves diagonal.

bought new boots with a bigger heel. same issue

no matter how hard I tighten or pull I can't get this to stay on the boot. straight spars are usually ok, but going out in 45 degree limbs is an issue.

anyone experienced this? is there a way to modification, add straps, or something? maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I don’t know anything, but what kind of lower strap do you have?

or route your strap below your spike, thats what i do when wearing heel-less pruning boots.

I saw that in a pic. I wanted to find an example of a shank wrap cause I don't have my spurs here. Didn't find that, but I saw a below spike wrap. I clicked on the link, and it looked like someone puked a bunch of words on the page, and had horse spurs along with a pic of tree spurs. Since it was a confusing mess, I didn't feel like reading it, but the underwrap made me think "Hmm...". Interesting that it's a legit technique. I never saw it before.

Off topic, but I tred changing my search term from "spur" to "gaff" hoping to eliminate the horse stuff. Did you know "gaff" has something to do with panties for men to hide the bulge? Yea, I didn't either. Learned something today...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for the replies guys. this is my side hustle and I haven't been up in a tree since posting, but I'll give this a try

Back