Ablizia Drops video

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Another video from this weekend. Ended up getting stung in the nose by a bee from a nearby hive at the end of the day. NOw my face looks like I got the crap beat out of me. We were at walgreens and people were looking at me like I was crazy pretty funny. :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a3K8y-H3Q_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jp:D

Another cool vid, Jon, no way that you can't be called a tree wrecker. Curious about that last cut coming in from the back below the face kerf. Can you please elaborate on it a bit. Thanks. Someone been tweaken that saw?

cool. the albezias around here never get much bigger than 30' or so. im curious about that last cut as well. nice job.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good catch, that was the beginning of my awareness that I had just cut a branch with a beehive in it. I was keeping my cool, or at least trying to until one of them crawled right up into my nose.... hard to be cool in that situation.

Jay, that cut was nothing fancy or special. I've noticed albizia will tear pretty easy without a kerf cut so that just makes it jump off a little better. As I'm sure Leon can testify, albizia is some of the strangest wood I've cut in terms of it's reaction to releasing off the cut. I've had pieces twist, jump, pop, tear, barber chair. After cutting them down for the last five years or more I still don't trust the trees at all.

jp:D

Probably a false sense of security, but wasps make bees seem relatively harmless.....especially Asian wasps.

Bumble bees are cool in my book. Heavy cruisers, but they go out of their way to avoid confrontations, and their poison when they feel no other alternative but to use it, is only mildly toxic. They are solitary bees i think as well, prefer to mind their own business. The whole world can take a lesson from them.

Frequently here, they fly into the shop, and also often are investigating stacked lumber. They seem smarter about getting out of the shop compared to the big wasps. I also try to not give the wasps a chance. :evil:

Back