95" DBH+084+60" bar=KABOOM

Burnham, it seems that your avatar is lagging behind your real life. You should be winking your eye in the picture.

Any sawyer worth the name would miss that part of the job, and I miss being able to make regular contributions to the threads on current work like I used to be able to do. I also miss being a climbing instructor, that always was fun, so much so that they ought to have charged me rather than paying me to do it :).

But I don't miss working per se, not one iota. Retirement is great. I've had no trouble adjusting at all.

Sound wisdom given from the experienced and veteran climbers and fallers to the younger(less experienced)climbers and fallers is priceless beyond measure. Burnham, perhaps you're not making regular contributions with your work but, the wisdom and experience you are passing along is far more important. I for one hope that you continue your regular contributions of wisdom and insight with climbing and tree work. With so many people hungry to learn more we need the "veterans" to keep after us so we don't get ourselves killed. ;)
Don't be a stranger..... :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a very generous post, Randy. You encourage me to continue, my not so young friend :P.

;)

I for one hope that you continue your regular contributions of wisdom and insight with climbing and tree work. With so many people hungry to learn more we need the "veterans" to keep after us so we don't get ourselves killed. ;)
Don't be a stranger..... :)

Yeah, Burn...what he said. Especially the part about us not getting ourselves killded. :D

Seriously, please do keep interjecting and interacting. Some threads I would skip except when I see you got into the commenting I go check it out to see what input you gave.

Thanks a ton, Gary. You are more than kind.

Better quit just posting a smilie, eh?
:D

One of the larger red cedars I've fell. It was quite a while ago when I was cutting in Tolstoy Bay. Prince of Wales Island. It was around 9'×11' on the stump. . Wolfy topped. ( lots of big top suckers) . I thot it was gonna turn into a rag when it hit the ground so I put a Saginaw face in it. Saw is my 3120 with 42" Oregon chain was Oregon 3/8 Dura Pro semi skip chisel ground chisel bit. . The Dura Pro cut the same width kerf as Oregon 52 series ( 404 chisel) .

This is a pretty good one, if I do say so myself. Ranged from big tree/saw felling techniques, to USFS contracting issues, to natural resource management practices, and more. Bumped a few times over the years since started, and took off on another run each time.

Worth a read through from beginning to end, imltho :D. Just did so in fact, and greatly enjoyed the ramble down memory lane.

True, my friend...just a little while ago, seems like.

Maybe we ought to bump THAT thread :).

Back