Would you do this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watched the vid a few more times........There is a pole right there with a transformer. I bet the was truck access. NO WAY progress clearance guys would have done it that way. I still think balls have nothing to do with being stupid.........but you get to live.

you guys that pay workers comp.....would you let one of your climbers do that?

It was surrounded by backyards and fences.....

Cool. That's up near Brian's place. When will you be there?

I'll bring my bible. :lol:

I'm, getting in town sometime Thursday later in the day. The TCC is Saturday but there's an aerial rescue workshop on Friday that's free and all climbers are invited. NATS is doing it so it should be pretty good. You ought to come... and bring that Bible... it been a helluva long time since I've seen one! Rec climbing Sunday I think, we leave Monday AM.

I was kidding about the bible. I'm not really a religious fanatic, I just play one on the internet. :lol:

So, who else is coming? I might need to wear body armor. :/:

Don't worry, if Psalms doesn't protect you I'll do my best. I'm usually pretty well armed.

Whoa, been off line for a whole day, and didn't even get to say hello to the new old guy before he started pissing people off. Maybe Butch needs to administer an, "Are you chilled out enough", test before new folks enter?
A warning like, "Please leave your stress from other sites at the door", might be helpful too.

Anyway, hope it got sorted out and back to it's all good. It's too friggen cold to fight.

So all you guys who watched the video over and all , was he undercutting straight arm with a saw that looked to be like a 260pro?
Or was that just swing saw up and cut ,on top ,cuts ?

So all you guys who watched the video over and all , was he undercutting straight arm with a saw that looked to be like a 260pro?
Or was that just swing saw up and cut ,on top ,cuts ?

Looked to me like he was undercutting. Made my shoulder hurt, just to watch it.
I'll say like everybody else: give that man a t200.

you right old school....nice work.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yjf74RSDLwg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yjf74RSDLwg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Big balls", hell, nothing to brag about. There's always someone out there with bigger ones.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MQ7N6V-YKJ8&hl=ja&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MQ7N6V-YKJ8&hl=ja&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i was told this was a good site and it appears I was told correctly! Crikey!

Hah, butch, you'e funny. You DID think it was ekka....hence the "crikey"....you added that didn't ya.....:D

Yea, I put a ;} in the posts I altered.

Honestly, I don't think Ekkka would ever do battle in a forum setting again.

I din't know if he was ekka but I had him figured as a TW troll who got wind of the thread at first.

I'm telling ya'll, I have done that! More than once and on bigger lines. That's how I know it's for real. The first time I nearly decapitated myself.

i know its later--but WHAT were you doing to nearly have this happen??

Working an ice storm at night, climbing ice laden trees laid over HUGE transmission lines feeding the water pumps to the city. You'd barely make a cut and then SNAP!

Tons of fun.

Working an ice storm at night, climbing ice laden trees laid over HUGE transmission lines feeding the water pumps to the city. You'd barely make a cut and then SNAP!

Tons of fun.

eek!!! youve done a few crazys also--scary--ice sucks!!!!!!!!

Having a transformer on a pole does not equal road access. At least in tx, va, sc, nc, va, fl, al, ms, ga, tn, la... On storms we have worked restoring power we have went as far as having to carry poles and hand dig holes then climb to attach hw to attach wire. All I know for sure is back yard dist lines suk azz. Ice storms are gift that keeps giving. for every span we get up another branch falls and we play catch up. Nimbys and their trees are job security.

Talked with Chris on the phone briefly today. He'w working in Buffalo...was so danged cold, snowy and windy they quite early today. Said he danged near got frostbite yesterday.

He was living near me for a few months earlier this year. Worked for Asplundh. Working for Davey right now, I think.

A friend of his came on TW and is going after the "boss" there and another fella.....interesting to see if the "boss" chimes in.

Hey, Topcon..... a little bird told me you are ex CG.....cool. Not me, but my bro served as well, 50 odd years ago! dang, we's gittin old....

There's back yard transformers out this way here and there as well.

Back