Would you do this?

dont feed the trolls folks.
_files_troll_2.jpg

It's a good week to go to Florida. Looks like two more good days of work before we go. 40F on Wednesday ias about as cold as I plan to see this week.

We'll miss you. I'll eat some bait fer ya.

neener neener :P
Seeya bud, go pick a fight with some other folks that give a rat's ass about your opinion. 5 posts in to a forum and you are telling peope to go f themselves? Have another drink and go play in traffic.

I would say climbing the pole with the stihl extendo saw and reaching out would have been safest bet on cutting it. or reaching from the tree.

Yeah... even Morice I guess.

I keep hearing something... sounds like... a wee little pussy that can't handle criticism. It's kinda tedious.

:P
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qw9oX-kZ_9k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qw9oX-kZ_9k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

im not going to die anytime soon sunshine. ive been at it a while. thruth be told that was a rather mellow move;) i

cant be any stupider than you sound.....or your avatar.....SUNSHINE!:lol:

Your first two posts... you didn't come looking for a fight? When you walk in a stranger's do you immediately pick a fight with someone and start throwing your weight around? If you don't, then maybe you should recant since for some reason you weren't acting normal... If you do, well, what can I say?

You immediately attacked a respected member here just because the two of you didn't agree. We aren't like that, we're adults, if we have differences we either keep'em to ourselves or we air'em out... like adults. No names, no bullshit fathead statements. Maybe you won't like it here... but your little wire trick actually IS rather mellow. If the lines were hot that would be something but they're just really strong wires when they're dead.

You're a eucman, we get that, a few of us have done some hairy shit here and there too. I don't video my work, I'm not trying to prove anything... been there, done that. I really don't care to read a critique written by someone with apparently more ego than sense.

If you want friends, welcome... humor and humility are highly valued here. If you want to wave your dick around ... go the frig away, it's annoying.

Dude, you getting all offended is the problem. Leave your ego at the door. It's all constructive criticism here until someone decides that they know everything, and can't take the heat.

The vid was probably not the best introduction though. It's like, "Hey, you don't know me, but look at this crazy shit I did!"

Actually Roger introduced the video... I'm sitting here wondering how he didn't know what a windbag this kid is.

Now to answer the question at hand.... I doubt I would have the balls to do what he did. I can see the climber was ready for what was about to happen. However; And I take in account the lack of access here people, I would have probably run my own ropes for the transition and not used the power lines that were supposedly dead. I may have used the phone/cable bundle for footing. For tie off, and transition I would gladly trust my own lines than other installed by an electric company for a home drop. Too flimsy (and too much slack) in my opinion in the connection to the house. I think I would have less swing in my own install with the right tension in the appropriate line also. But that's just me. I trust more in what I rig than what others have with out me supervising the work or having a direct hand in it. And if I rig it and get hurt or die, I only have me to blame ;)
Hope all that made sense. :D

And someone give that man a 200t if he is going to one hand it. I won't tell ;)

holy frig! are you guys all friggin' each other or what. did you read the previous posts? i didnt start it but ill be damned if i walk away. i dont drink so thats out. thanks for the overwhealming hospitality. shit even the nazi rule of ekka at tree world was better than this.

All opinions are welcome here, it's all about learning and sharing what was learned, good or bad.
It would seem you have a few tricks to teach, and maybe a few more to learn. These guys will teach you more than you can imagine, if you can have the humility to accept that knowledge.
I don't think anyone was terribly harsh with any posts before you came in like a bull in a china closet. Just a lot of thoughts and reasons why they didn't do that.
But name calling wont gain you much. If you have a problem with a post, ask the poster why they think that way. But comming in acting in this manner will not get you much respect.

NOW, can we all have a chill pill and try to get to know each other?

Your first two posts... you didn't come looking for a fight? When you walk in a stranger's do you immediately pick a fight with someone and start throwing your weight around? If you don't, then maybe you should recant since for some reason you weren't acting normal... If you do, well, what can I say?

You immediately attacked a respected member here just because the two of you didn't agree. We aren't like that, we're adults, if we have differences we either keep'em to ourselves or we air'em out... like adults. No names, no bullshit fathead statements. Maybe you won't like it here... but your little wire trick actually IS rather mellow. If the lines were hot that would be something but they're just really strong wires when they're dead.

You're a eucman, we get that, a few of us have done some hairy shit here and there too. I don't video my work, I'm not trying to prove anything... been there, done that. I really don't care to read a critique written by someone with apparently more ego than sense.

If you want friends, welcome... humor and humility are highly valued here. If you want to wave your dick around ... go the frig away, it's annoying.

Ditto what my friend Chip said. This isn't ArboristSite or Tree Buzz. Nobody here has anything to prove. We're here to kick back and enjoy each other's company, not to try to prove ourselves by cutting others down. Ain't no kiddies here who need impressing, you're hanging with the old dogs here. So kick back, have a cold beer and relax. We don't need the aggravation.
:beer:

Blinky, whereabouts will you be?

Brett,
Windermere, it's kinda near Tampa. Come on! It's gonna be a great party.

NoBiffy,
Yep I'm in. Long as I show good in the footlock I'll be happy. As usual I'm just going for the party. This is my one vacation for the year.

Back