Would you do this?

show me some of your work so that i may critique it.

On the main page... you know how there are pictures... Keep Clicking on the heading and look through the pictures. You'll see plenty. or look through the climbing forum. It won't take you long to find some.

Damn!

Ya know I was just trying to give the dude some benefit of the doubt.

Piss off pal, go spout off elsewhere. The name calling and freaking out doesn't fly here. Ya got something to prove go off and prove it elsewhere.

Idiot.

Sorry John, don't want it to seem like I was backing this freak out artist. We've all seen the pics of your work for years now, which makes this even funnier.8)

What a joke.:lol:

Brett,
Windermere, it's kinda near Tampa. Come on! It's gonna be a great party.

NoBiffy,
Yep I'm in. Long as I show good in the footlock I'll be happy. As usual I'm just going for the party. This is my one vacation for the year.

have you trained?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yn16kwcpKis&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yn16kwcpKis&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cool! Call me when you get down this way, I just spoke with Chip through PM a little while ago and we'll definitely have to meet up while you're here.
:D

I'm still kicking myself for missing the GAA-TCC. ...just bad timing.

Hell no, just working. I've been footlocking on a knot whenever I set a free hanging rope. Other than that I've been on gaffs 90% of the time. I'll be at the bottom of the ranks because I suck out loud in AR.

I want to score a 9 or a 10 in the footlock, I'll zero AR and belayed speed, I might do OK in throwline if I'm having a good day, work climb, who knows?

blinky....in the vid, did you notice the "scotty" style where the master whipped his ass with the pipe and bench...sweet.

They set you in the top of the tree for the work climb. Worst part is trying to get in the groove instantly and fly from limb to limb after standing around all day.

Fat skwerl in a tree a couple years ago. I think I was 3rd out of 12-14 entries on the work climb.
:/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, I missed the fireworks. Was returning oldschool's first pm, before the shit hit the fan. Then, he sent me two more, saying he was sorry for overreacting. Said he's just not cut out for handling criticism in forums.... apologized-to me..and I hadn't even seen what had gone down.
In real life he's prolly not like that....which he did say to me......

and I'm sure he's very competent. Doing storm work for utilities is high volume, high speed work...and plenty dicey.

I'm telling ya'll, I have done that! More than once and on bigger lines. That's how I know it's for real. The first time I nearly decapitated myself.

Doing storm stuff lowers the bar for safety standards... it shouldn't but it does because in that situation, time really is money.

In NOLA we frequently worked inside minimum approach on everything from open secondaries to transmission lines... with frikkin New Orleans drivers running around under us. It was all energized, we couldn't get line drops. If the pay wasn't as good as it was I wouldn't have touched half of those ROEs... but it was, so i did... learned some killer tricks from the Tamarack boys. I didn't see anything like sparky did but I had that metallic taste in my mouth a time or two.

I think you have to judge a climber's actions in those situations as he saw things at the time... not with 20/20 hindsight.

Watched the vid a few more times........There is a pole right there with a transformer. I bet the was truck access. NO WAY progress clearance guys would have done it that way. I still think balls have nothing to do with being stupid.........but you get to live.

you guys that pay workers comp.....would you let one of your climbers do that?

I bet the was truck access.

And that's exactly (the "betting" part) what I mean, nobody really knows what was going up except the people that were there. In the video below I had to jump outta the way of the limb being roped - no other way to do it. A casual observer (or even a "Treeman") woulda thought I was NUTS!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U0QEdrICSDc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U0QEdrICSDc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back