Tree Work Apps

Man, just think of what we're gonna have this time, next century. I'd sure like to see it - I bet there's gonna be some waycool stuff.

Got them both! Very nice. I wasn't really expecting too much from the knot app (figuring it would be for noobies) but there are a few new climbing hitches in there that I want to try. I haven't been through the entire app yet, but so far so good. I just opened the fungi app and that's it. I will play well th that more tonight. Big thumbs up!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You owe me $3!

Actually I am still playing around with it. I am still undecided. So far it's fine but not really worth any money. Can't figure out how to get other forums on here. Maybe I will only visit here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Any new apps people have been liking? I picked up a IPad this past weekend, hoping to use it for a lot of bids, showing customer pictures and information, etc. great suggestions so far, keep them coming. I'll post up a few I've found after work.

Both arbtalk apps are worth it. Also, Dirr's Guide is pretty expensive but totally worth it.

I also have the Audubon Tree guide because that was my OG reference material.

Leafsnap is a cool app that tries to ID by taking a picture of a leaf on white paper, but doesn't work that well. It has potential if they can continue to work on their algorithm.

There's a bunch of talk at tree buzz regarding mobile estimating options.

From what I'm seeing, Routzy and Jobber are the best.

love
nick

Doing stuff like that at a million dollar house makes you look kind of foolish. Luckily our rigging/felling skills made up for it;)

I once had a extendable magnet thing (looked like a car antenna) that worked perfect for sighting trees and looked someone intentional and professional.

So I downloaded InvoiceASAP to give it a go, the free version is nice, but I'm thinking about paying $15 a month to sync it all with our Quickbooks program and be able to put our logo on the Invoices and estimates. Fairly impressed with it so far, you can save all the customer contact info, can save general services like 'tree pruning' or 'tree removal' so all you have to do is select the service you're performing, enter a price and general description, and you're good to go. Transferable between iPhone and iPad.

Going to get the Square card reader all set up and mailed to me. Giving iMovie for the iPad a try to mess around with it.

I think using a stick to gauge height, if you explain that its a use of the Pythagorean theory utilizing the geometry of isosceles triangles actually makes you look pretty smart.

As for tapatalk and embedded videos that does suck. You have to long press the post and hit open in browser. I usually wait to watch them at home.

Yeah, Peter did it for me before, but I have picked up a bit since then so could probably do it. But to be honest I wouldnt do it purely for the tapatalk users as you are only getting between 7-9 users with tapatalk per day, and on the flip side, I think changing the code now will result in all the past embedded videos breaking.

I primarily use my Ipad to access The House. That being said, I can usually see everything while using the Internet. I cannot embed from the ipad with or without Tapatalk, but i need tapatalk to add pics to a post. I wouldn't change it.

Back